Hello I'm coming out of the closet

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarbaraK1959

Reaction score
Hi guys I've been a member of this fine group for years now and I finally decided to come out since this beautiful group doesn't judge I'm 61 and I'm a Trans woman and I hope all works out then I may close my old account please keep me in your prayers thank you and God Bless.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

I think I’ve met more trans people that are nomads than anywhere else in my life. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome.....so what is your plans for hitting the road? Or are you on the road with full freedom already?

Getting some fresh air in the great outdoors is a fine choice. Happy for you that you have tapped into your inner strength to enable that change.

RoamerRV428 said:
Welcome.....so what is your plans for hitting the road?  Or are you on the road with full freedom already?
 I've been living off grid in a travel trailer since 2015 and I'm looking into converting my Kia Sportage into a home on wheels.

BarbaraK1959 said:
Hi guys I've been a member of this fine group for years now and I finally decided to come out since this beautiful group doesn't judge I'm 61 and I'm a Trans woman and I hope all works out then I may close my old account please keep me in your prayers thank you and God Bless.
welcome and i hope you have many fun adventures. i will say that i would be very careful showing up in areas around the country
you know little about. unfortunately, many places and people are backward in their thinking and probably not a whole lot you as an
individual can do about it. please be safe and good luck!
jim

All the best in your travels.  I see one advantage you will have when traveling in areas you may be uncertain of.  You can always go back to dressing as a man when traveling in those areas.  Then when you feel you are in a safe environment make the switch back.

Below in the two signature lines are a couple of websites which you may find helpful to know about.

The first is for converting a rig, centers on Vans & Trailers with some other ideas.

The bottom site make a Nomad's travels safer, more comfortable, and more convenient.

You might connect with some other trans if you have questions pertaining to life on the road. One off hand I can think of is a gal named Panda and I think she calls her rig Pandemonium. I know she has a YouTube channel. I’ve only seen her in passing at a couple large events and don’t know her personally. Seems like a good egg though.

Hi Barbara! I'm in the planning stages of getting on the road myself and I hope we get to meet someday. :)

Cammalu said:
I think I’ve met more trans people that are nomads than anywhere else in my life. Welcome to the forum.

Wow I'm really glad to hear that. One of my main concerns about getting on the road is diversity. I only recently joined this forum and the only experience I have so far is youtube, and there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of diversity in van life youtubers.

RoamerRV428 said:
Welcome.....so what is your plans for hitting the road?  Or are you on the road with full freedom already?
 I live in my 2016 Shasta 215CK Flyte for the last 3 years and before that I lived in a 1996 33' Hi-Lo and a 8x12 shed, I'm currently converting my 2019 Kia Sportage LX into home on wheels for when I'm away from my trailer.