Hello from NM.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadlamb

Reaction score
We are new here, and we are looking into RVing fll time soon. So we will be interested to learn more about this lifest. Thanks

Welcome aboard.
You're already in the Southwest , good place to start . Lots of those here are trying to figure out how to just get there..................... :huh:
Start reading and every time you have a question about something just post and you'll get answers. ;)

Welcome to the CRVL forums Roadlamb! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. Tell us your plans and your rig. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome! Love NM, used to live in Bernalillo, gorgeous country!

Welcome!
I've been up on the Continental Divide in NM since June 1st. Great area!

Welcome from the Land of Entrapment. 75 more days until I'm gone.

Albuquerque here.Home base for me and I'm able to escape to the road when I need because all my kids and grands are here. Welcome!

compassrose said:
Welcome from the Land of Entrapment. 75 more days until I'm gone.

Ha Ha CR!!    Thought I was the only one who knew it as the Land of Entrapment LOL :)

I like it here. But right now it's to hot for us. Plus we are ready to explore.

Maybe start in Utah or AZ canyon country ?
Ya got a chance to catch up with Bob ..............

I would like to meet Bob, someday. We just came back from Yellowstone and had a blast. Stayed in a pop up and drove 2500 miles. So much fun and a lot to see.

OHHHHHH
You're only new to the forums......
So post about your adventures and maybe infect someone with your travel disease !
Hmmmmm "Travel Disease" that might have to go under my avatar .

gramakittycat said:
Ha Ha CR!!    Thought I was the only one who knew it as the Land of Entrapment LOL :)

It pisses lots of folks off when I call it that. They simply vacation and leave. I keep telling people, if you come to NM, make sure you have the funds put back to get you out of this state. If you have to get a job here, you will have a very hard time leaving as the wages and the cost of living is designed to keep you living but not leaving.

CR, now I get you..good stuff. Norther New Mexico will trap you. So beautiful.

I would loooooove to visit.

I wonder if New Mexico actually inspired the Eagles' Hotel California?

We're getting a little off Roadlamb's topic here but at the risk of having this deleted , I'll throw this out for historic accuracy.

Eagles 1.jpg
Hotel California was actually a comment about corruption and substance overindulgence , but I can see how their line about checking in but never being able to leave might seem to be a reference to the "land of entrapment" that was just mentioned........nope nope.
Some people think incorrectly that it was about devil worship but that just pissed off the band.

I threw in the back stage pic just as a little nostalgia for anyone who may have seen them at that stage in their career. Notice Bernie Leadon was still in the band when this pic was taken. HC was co written by Don Felder , Glen Frey and Don Henley .

Attachments

• Eagles 1.jpg
    Eagles 1.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 1
Popeye, that is good to know. I love that song. I never really paid attention to that part of the song. I will have to check it out. Canine, if you are ever here, drop me a line. I will point out good places to visit.

Roadlamb said:
Popeye, that is good to know. I love that song. I never really paid attention to that part of the song. I will have to check it out. Canine, if you are ever here, drop me a line. I will point out good places to visit.

I imagine it will be a while before I do that, but you never know.

And my comment on the Hotel California was a joke. I need to start putting an "lol" every now and then! Or a winky face. I like winky faces ;)

Latest posts