Hello Everyone...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Guess it is about time that I have come out from lurking on this forum.  

My name is Diane but my nickname is "Gecko". Got that nickname because whatever life throws at me, I just keep hanging on!

I have followed Bob a year now and recently had a meet up with him for lunch here in Florida.

I have traveled extensively most of my adult life. The past 17 years has been in RV's but this year I have changed to a van. I am disabled and can't afford having the luxury of two vehicles. My van has almost everything I need except a shower. LOL
My traveling partner is my service dog Diablo (pictured with me). 

DSCN1369.jpg

I will be at the RTR this year and also the Woman's RTR. Hope to gain more ideas and meet new friends.

Attachments

• DSCN1369.jpg
    DSCN1369.jpg
    1.7 MB
Welcome Diane to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. see you at RTR. highdesertranger

Welcome aboard Diane !
Having lurked for so long I guess you know your way around !
Looking forward to some more info or stories on your user name.(Divemaster ?)

rvpopeye said:
Looking forward to some more info or stories on your user name.(Divemaster ?)

Yes, I am a certified Divemaster but no longer can dive (per Doctors orders). I have dove just about every Island in the Caribbean, and all through the state of Florida (oceans, rivers and springs).  I am just allowed to snorkel now.  Not too bad since a friend of mine showed me where to snorkel and get lobsters in the Florida Keys.  

I have lots of diving stories but my travel stories are much better I think.  Trials and tribulations of traveling from blown tires, being hit by rock slide in Death Valley, breakdown in British Columbia (stuck on the side of the road for 2 1/2 days).  LOL

Hope to meet you and others at the RTR.

Hi Diane, welcome to the group. Hope to meet you on the road soon.