Hello everybody I am Scott

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott7022

Reaction score
Currently in Anapa Russia but home is BC Canada
Hey, I really like writing but, I hate writing about me. I'd suck on a dating site! I worked for 25 years for the Canadian Govt in a Law Enforcement function but not RCMP. I took early retirement with a pretty good case of PTSD and needed to de-stress and work on getting to a new close to normal as I could. So I went to Russia...Nobody does that! Yeah, well that is one of my nicknames. So I joined an overland expedition going across the country. They needed Englsih subtitles and couldn't afford to pay anybody. I wasn't allowed to work as a tourist and wanted to learn 5k filming and editing. Match made in heaven. That was three plus years ago and I am still here editing film with a residency permit. I lived in Georgia (the country) for a year (finished my second book),  and Thailand and Lao for a several months. But, Something kept pulling me back to the Black Sea resort of Anapa. This is where I currently am enjoying the summer. 

I lived and worked in Africa, draw a line across from the armpit to the east and I have been there. Never went too far north. 

Retired and looking at how easy life is off the financial treadmill and having lived in Russian vehicles for a year I thought why do I want to live in a "hole in the sky" (as my African medicine man so aptly named apartments after I explained them to him) for half a million dollars? Why embrace that load of stress to fit into that world again? So when I return it will be to a truck and camper rig and to the nomadic lifestyle that was and always has been my life when I wasn't so distracted living it. 

Thanks for welcoming me to your community. 
Scott D. Covey

Yeah, nobody goes to Russia! I have an acquaintance that did just that when he was in his mid sixties to ride trains across the countryside. He said he was glad for the experience but to be honest that is about all I remember of the tales he told.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome Scott to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Dennis said:
Yeah, nobody goes to Russia!  I have an acquaintance that did just that when he was in his mid sixties to ride trains across the countryside.  He said he was glad for the experience but to be honest that is about all I remember of the tales he told.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks Dennis. and everybody else.

Yeah the trains are cheap and cool to ride. Helps I can butcher the language enough to be understood. We just drove corner to corner largest country in the world with me being Perkins from Mutual Of Omahas Wild Kingdom (if you remember that tv series). Lots of nights I don't remember some I'd love to forget. But the people have been awesome and the liver is evil and should be punished so... Been a great couple of years. Black Sea... well!!!
Lithium battery fire at  -46 degrees  Metric or American doesn't matter at that point basically the same. Love to forget that!!!