Hello, CaseyC here

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caseyc

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! &nbsp;<div><br></div><div>Just want to introduce myself. &nbsp;I'm Casey from California. I used to be on Vandweller forum, but that site redirected me here, which I just now registered. I recognize a couple names on this forum from Vandweller, so it's nice to see them come over here too.<div><br></div><div>I'm not a full time vandweller, but seriously, the way things go in life which are unexpected, I'm literally sometimes only 1 or 2 paycheck away from being homeless! Okay, maybe exaggerating, but I'm not far from the truth on that. &nbsp;I mean, I have a halfway decent income at this time, but my savings are rather low, and I had been laid off a number of times in the recent past, so I know anything can happen.</div><div><br></div><div>That's why since I have current income, I've been prepping my 1995 Ford e150 low-top conversion van to be as comfortable as possible, if my situation might take a turn for the worse. &nbsp;As the saying goes, better to be prepared. &nbsp;The funny thing is, I only spent $3,000 for this van used from the dealer, but have now spent over $4,000 in upgrades and repairs. &nbsp;Maybe I should have just spent on a later model van, oh well, lessons learned! &nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>My next project is to add an overhead flip down 11" DVD player with television tuner installed. &nbsp;That will be next week. &nbsp;I already added new stereo, new speakers, window tinting all around, GPS/Backup camera mirror replacement, Viper alarm with remote engine start, and even added a complete twin size bed with memory foam mattress and platform frame. Okay, I have a weakness for electronics, I admit it!</div><div><br></div><div>Prior to this van, a few years ago I had a used 23' Fleetwood Jamboree Class C RV. &nbsp;This turned out to be a mistake because I constantly had trouble parking this RV on city streets without neighbors complaining. &nbsp;I even feared driving the RV because it was so big and heavy, and even doing simple things like filling up for gas was a huge task, at least for me. &nbsp;I actually did live in the RV for a short time, well only a few months off and on. &nbsp;Alas, I ended up selling it at a loss because it was just too difficult to maintain, at least for me it was.</div><div><br></div><div>A conversion van is way better for my needs. &nbsp;If I had to do anything different, I may have gotten a later year van, such as early 2000 model, and maybe something that already has a sink and fridge installed, that would be too good. &nbsp;Maybe still, I might have gotten a high-top roof van, but for now a low-top is more suited for me in case I want to park in a garage.</div><div><br></div><div>One day when I'm retired from working, or if I'm laid off for years, whichever comes first, I would like to do vandwelling full time and see all that the US has to offer. &nbsp;I really need to get up and actually do some real travelling, as I've been way to local most of my life. &nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>Well that's enough about me for now.</div><div><br></div><div>Cheers!</div><div>Casey</div><div>&nbsp;</div></div>

<p style="margin: 0px;">Welcome Casey. You'll fit right in.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Rae</p>

Cheers and congrats on the upgrade's... if ya wanna test&nbsp; your rig me and the ower of this forum are just north of Victorville for about another 10 days before we head into the Sierras... if ya wanna come out you are very welcomed.... We are off 395 north of Victorville boondocking... PM me if interested...<br>

Welcome from New Mexico Casey. Good to see you here. I think you are in the same place many folks are in. They are just a couple paychecks away from homelessness. The good thing is you are becoming much better prepared. There is no indication it will get better any time soon. Good luck,<br>Bri<br><br><br>

Thank you all for your nice welcome, much appreciated! Geez, I had one of those frustrating days at work to day. I am increasingly getting agitated about my current job. Sometimes my only comfort is to imagine in my mind to up and leave everything, get in my comfy van and hightail to the middle of nowhere asap! i will positively make some changes for the better soon. Will keep you guys updated.