Hello….

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nana’sEscapeVan

Reaction score
I have been lurking for several months, plus I have recently been avidly watching numerous YouTube videos.  

I don’t know if I have what it takes to be a true full time nomad.  I do enjoy camping and the solitude of the outdoors.  

With encouragement from several family members, and hearing about the deep concern of others, I traded in my small car for a minivan.  It’s a used one with only 5k miles on it (it’s basically brand new). I debated about a full size van, test drove a few.  But made the choice of a minivan because I was more comfortable driving the smaller vehicle. 

I am now in the process of putting my little camper van together.  It will be a no build..build.  
My first trip will be the first week of October.  I am going in small/short trips.  I don’t want to get to far from home and decide I need to unload equipment not needed.  Best to learn that before I go on a longer trip.

I have all the time I need to learn if this is what path I truly want to follow.  

Thank you for taking the time to read this introduction.  

Nana

Welcome Nana to the CRVL forums! It sounds like you are off to a good start.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the forums, taking short trips is a great way to figure out what you're going to need and get an idea of life on the road. Would love to see the progress on your no build build out. Good luck with your adventures and hope to see you on the road someday.

It sounds like you've really done some thinking about this and have a pretty good idea of how to start out. The small trips plan makes a lot of sense and will let you refine what you need, and what you don't. Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum Nana. It sounds like you have the right idea about sticking your toe in the water and testing the temperature before you dive in. Don’t get discouraged if it doesn’t work out the first time you’re gonna have to try and try again. I sincerely hope you find out it’s a wonderful life.