HD inexpensive Tent Stakes

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vern

Reaction score
Tent stakes unlike anything you'd use for backpacking... Been using these for awhile for awning stakes and to keep the shower tent from blowing away. At this point I haven't managed to bend one using the back side of my axe to pound them in. Almost any home supply store should have them in several lengths. Make sure you make them visible to others in crowded areas... they don't wiggle if you run into one :s

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Weyerhaeuser-3-4-in-x-18-in-Round-Steel-Stake-06178/202094305

Vern

Yup, heavy duty at 18" long.
Got a trick to pull them back out without getting a hernia or spinal dislocation? Jk.
But how do you pull them out? Have a few myself for just in case.

Crowbar and a piece of landscaping timber for leverage. Might have to grind out the nail puller width a little to get a bite on the spike.

I just give them a few wacks on the side and then they pull right out by hand. They are pretty tough. Not sure what steel they are made from but haven't bent one so far.

Make sure your camp site doesn't have a water line running through it, don't ask me how I know.