Have an Outdoor section?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trekking

Reaction score
Have an "Outdoor" area for fishing, Hiking, Hunting, Backpacking, Shooting, Canoeing, Survival tips, ect while out traveling or fulltime living. Just a thought I'd throw out there.

Well now we have one!!!!.....................I fish & hike , mostly upper New England

SCUBA, fish, hike, bike, kayak, and anything outside. Oh. I can't forget SCUBA!

Any and all things outdoors just rocks, snow or shine, always something fun to do. :)

I'm going to sigh deeply and buy a $56 non-resident fishing license when I head to CO in June. Let's hope I can catch enough fish to justify the cost!

Depending on how long your planning on staying a one week none resident is 21 bucks or 9 bucks per day

non resident license really suck in all the western states, that I have checked lately. i'll vote for an outdoor area. highdesertranger

Check each state websites for licenses, in Co you can purchase a 1 day or 5 day license
Cost 1 day $9.00
Cost 5 day $21.00
habitat stamp $10.00 for the year

Fishing in Co is usually very good in early season on the plains, and in the high country in late seasons, unless you want to brave the cold early in the high country and go as soon as the ice disappears ..

Gadget

highdesertranger said:
non resident license really suck in all the western states, that I have checked lately.

Yep, Oregon is twice the Colorado fee. I've been checking on CG hosting at some lakes there and even though you'd be on federal land, you still have to pay for an OR license.

Just bought a fishing rod and thought I'd give it it try. Got a break down rod for easier storage in the truck and carrying in the folding canoe. A small pack with a couple of containers of lures. Not much - just enough to hopefully catch an occasional lunch. Also have bikes for riding on paved and gravel trails. Rougher country, we hike. It's all good, as long as we're outside.

The hat says it all: "Forget the box, just think outside..."

Hmmmm...need to change my sig line. That's old news.

Speaking of fishing poles

I found this cool collapsible fishing rod combo from Eagle Claw

Packit-Combo-Line.jpg

Eagle Claw has a factory in Denver and also has an outlet store there, pretty cool place if you are in the area.
The reel is not the highest of quality. But gets the job done. I keep one in my backpack
web Page