GRIFFIN - Ford Transit High Roof Campervan / Adventure Rig

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Munky said:
Finished up the bed platform (or at least the basic framing) so we could go on our first trip.

INSTALL ARTICLE: http://www.outdoor-wanderlust.com/va...-bed-platform/

bad link but post more photos here too please.

wow brand new van! worth the extra time to finish it out with extra attention to interior construction details like in the custom vans of the '70s IMO (just more modern.)

I'd love to do this! been looking at sprinters but man.. the new stuff aint cheap.

all the best to you and yours!

safarivan said:
bad link but post more photos here too please.

wow brand new van! worth the extra time to finish it out with extra attention to interior construction details like in the custom vans of the '70s IMO (just more modern.)

I'd love to do this! been looking at sprinters but man.. the new stuff aint cheap.

all the best to you and yours!

Wish I could edit my post to fix it but here's the correct one: http://www.outdoor-wanderlust.com/van-conversion-bed-platform/. We saved for a bit and plan to keep the van for as long as we can keep it running. Worth it in the long run for us.

4GA98vQ.jpg

PuBltdB.jpg

XjczqzQ.jpg

R0LnRr9.jpg

SR27npW.jpg

egIZaAL.jpg

you might want to look into "E-track"  mounting systems. its a great way to have a highly interchangeable set up. for instance you could raise or lower your bedding to any size.

https://www.etrailer.com/search/e+track

its used in cargo trailer and vans for securing loads and has many attachments.

this would eliminate the vertical 2x4s you have used and add a whole lot of other functionality. it comes in both vertical and horizontal sections. I have a moto trailer with it that I camp in at the track sometimes with a bed much like yours on it and then remove it when needed for other stuff.

Also L-track from airliner seating and cargo ops, lower profile and IMO nicer looking to integrate into a living space.

John61CT said:
Also L-track from airliner seating and cargo ops,  lower profile and IMO nicer looking to integrate into a living space.

i was wondering how it could be lower profile than e-track so I looked into this.

http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Ratchet-Straps-Tie-Downs/Airline-Straps-Hardware

doesnt look as strong or flush as e-track to me but I have seen it used in some truck beds to keep stuff from moving around.  maybe they have something else you are referring to?

the e-track is great for sure though. I carry 55gal drums full of fuel sometimes and I know I can count on the e-track holding it in place. it is very sturdy and if plenty of mounting bolts/screws are used when attaching it, the wall will cave before it does in a crash and it could actually be used in such a way that would reinforce the wall too.

they really should just use it to make cargo trailer box framing out of it! hey.. I think I will look into doing that!

Put the final bolts in the subfloor and hid the seat rails.  :p

Install Video - 

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We installed Vinyl Plank flooring in the van and are really happy about the outcome. They've held up pretty good over the last 2 months of continual work and camping trips with our dogs. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Click Here for the Installation Video[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]

Finally got around to finishing the write-up on the floor install in the van. Full details and material used is listed in the article.

Article Link: Click Here

Hi Munkey,  Great stuff, and excellent workmanship.

Can you tell me where you purchased the electric power holder/cover?  It looks so incognito.

Attachments

• ELECTRIC shore hookup Munkey.jpg
    ELECTRIC shore hookup Munkey.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 11
Finally set some time aside to edit the videos from our van build. Here is how we started our garage cabinets. Click here for the video.

[video=youtube]

Here is a video on the start of our installation of bike drawers in our camper van. We'll have a detailed build article up soon to go along with the video. This is the initial construction of the drawers. We will show the installation in a later video as the garage cabinets need to be completed before we can actually mount them permanently.