GREETINGS

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClassyGlobal

Reaction score
Hello All, Call me Classy or Shay,

Just making my presence known.  I'll mostly be in a corner coming up for air every now & then to chime into topics/convos I have a couple pennies for.

3x combat veteran, unemployed, childless, divorced, chocolate, lady who has never stayed bound to much for too long and looking for the wave.

My Divorce thankfully freed me from nonsensical overabundant house dwelling (YESSS!) and most recently I sold my 900sqft 2bd 2ba condo.

It's just my pup, 8 tuff boxes and myself...
I hope to join you VanDwellers pretty soon. 
The sooner I get a gig the sooner I'm done couch surfing.
Be safe and catch you all on the next thread!

AfghanHooch.jpg - living quarters in Afghanistan.  Looks quite cozy and familiar though... ;)

Attachments

• AfghanHooch.jpg
    AfghanHooch.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 33
Welcome and good to have you back in the states, also welcome to the forum.

Rob

Welcome aboard ClassyGlobal/Shay!

I thought that pic was a van until you said it wasn't !
You already know how to live in a small space.
This will be easy!

Hi Shay!

First, though it is said a lot, I send a sincere thanks for your service.

And, yep, you have the tiny space thing down. And minimalist, too, with only 8 boxes from all that sticks & bricks space!

So you are planning to find a job and then live in your van while working? Stealth in a city? Several folks here do that.

Do you have a city you plan to stay in or will you move when you find a job? I hope all the freedom to make choices feels good to you (even tho some freedom came from divorce).

And I can't believe RVpopeye did not mention it (because he's usually the first to do it), but we hope you'll post pics when you find your rig and begin to convert it.

Welcome!

Shay!!! Welcome to the CRVL forums and welcome home. Thank you for your service and sacrifice. Vandwelling is a great way to take advantage of the freedom you fought for. We're here to quide and encourage you to follow your dreams and make them happen.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome and good luck! Divorces can be mixed blessings. Quarters look like they were cozy - but here you won't have worry about people trying to kill you when you step outside. (Well, not most places anyway. I remember once in MS... well, never mind. That was long ago. I hope.)
Happy trails!   M.

Attachments

• NY-Aderondac winter.jpg
    NY-Aderondac winter.jpg
    598 KB · Views: 11
Welcome, Classy Shay! thank you for your service, I actually thought that was a van set up for dwelling till you clarified LOL

Welcome to the CRVL Forum   :) 

It's a great place for new beginnings and good info to get you started is plentiful here, not to mention free.

ClassyGlobal said:

Just making my presence known.  I'll mostly be in a corner coming up for air every now & then to chime into topics/convos I have a couple pennies for.

3x combat veteran,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your service to our country and may God bless you for it!
Welcome to the group, can't wait to meet you !

BildrRick said:
ClassyGlobal said:

3x combat veteran,

3 X! Wow! You need van dwelling. Happy trails!    M.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. A divorce has recently freed me up too, I hope to see you out there some time.

Welcome, Shay!

Love the pic of your quarters, I am most happy in small set ups like that as well.

Thanks for all the welcomes. I know I am quite late but I have been in transition. In order to get my funds flowing toward my Vandom, I took a job in the north east. I'm looking for my 1st rig to acquire. My current vehicle sucks. I've slept in it for a week with my pup and I fit but its interior configuration is very not functional. Though it is an "SUV" it is built like a pool floor. Think Shallow end and swift drop off to the deep end. No level ground to work with. I hope to flip it for a minivan and to work up from there.

See you all soon. Safe travels

^^^ Sounds like a good plan, hope you find something soon so you can stop trying to sleep on a slope.

well, minivan should be cheap enough, once you find one
Glad to see you back

WriterMs said:
Hi Shay!

First, though it is said a lot, I send a sincere thanks for your service.

And, yep, you have the tiny space thing down. And minimalist, too, with only 8 boxes from all that sticks & bricks space!

So you are planning to find a job and then live in your van while working?  Stealth in a city? Several folks here do that.

Do you have a city you plan to stay in or will you move when you find a job? I hope all the freedom to make choices feels good to you (even tho some freedom came from divorce).

And I can't believe RVpopeye did not mention it (because he's usually the first to do it), but we hope you'll post pics when you find your rig and begin to convert it.

Welcome!
WriterMs I appreciate the welcome!   I plan to work (in city/town) through my initial flip/purchase and build, from there work on my mobile dog grooming biz, this will sustain my needs for income after leaving "work".  My rig will be able to pull my all fiber grooming trailer
img-dog-grooming-mobile-wagon-DSCF0020.jpg
img-mobile-dog-grooming-fibreglass-trailer-DSCF0021.jpg
 or
New-Picture-3.png