GREETINGS

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Queen said:
^^^ Sounds like a good plan, hope you find something soon so you can stop trying to sleep on a slope.

Thanks Queen.  I was just testing it out for that week to see how I'd function.  It was quite uncomfortable.  My SUV - Stupid Utility Vehicle has the weirdest seat configuration.  The cockpit seats don't LEAN or FOLD forward, maybe 80degrees.  And the rear seats don't lay flat.  If I remove them then I'd have the drop off which would be even more awkward to contend with.

I'm wasting money on a room rent now but sleeping comfortably on my tiny ottoman bed that I fit in my "SUV" to move up here for this job.  Love this thing.  Cumbersome but practical. 
th

My office building on this base has a shower.  I tend to stick around military bases for employment, so access to base means lots of open gyms and barracks with community/shared showers, loads of random parking lots, campgrounds/recreational areas.  Some of these areas are monitored most aren't because once you are on the base (GOV ID) you are cleared.  Dining facilities which often have 3 great meals a day are between 3 and 8 bucks per.  Some bases have wifi though not too often.  But if they have public retail locations there may be wifi.  Some perks.

I want my van.  Tired of paying this outrageous rent for a ROOM.

Heard that, rent is such a waste of money!!

But being near bases is awesome, I grew up on them, always lots of available facilities.