Greetings

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarmonicaBruce

Reaction score
I've lived in my van (big sprinter) for about 4 years now. It's great. If anyone has any questions about living in a van, just ask.

Hey Bruce, sure I will have questions for you later. You have seen my post and what I am trying to put together. Maybe I can upgrade to a sprinter later. Would be amazed with the room I am sure. But I had a safari van for 22 years so full size van feels huge although it's empty so far. Harp my favorite instrument by the way and sax after that. Been trying to learn the blues. Had a decent year or so practicing and was getting better although it felt like I was at a point where getting better had slowed considerably. Then my main c harp went bad and took me too long replacing it. Got way out of practice. got several new harps but am so far out of practice its back to Mary had a little lamb again. XD

You need to check out the Florida harmonica championship in New Smyrna Beach, just 100 miles from Jacksonville. It's a hoot! If you do a youtube search on "harmonica bruce max", the first hit is me playing. I teach harmonica classes in Florida. I can teach anyone how to play in less than a minute. I have a sax and would like to learn it. I've been married and divorced 3 times, we have a lot in common (and we both joined this forum the same day)! Too bad you've already bought your van, my 2002 Sprinter is available, I'm thinking about $4,000.

I checked you out nice playing! Do you know Mike Galloway? Love to be able to play like him. Me and him are same age I think. Here is a link he's probably not far from you either. http://www.modernbluesharmonica.com/board/board_topic/5560960/4295577.htm if I get practice back up a little may have to come down for a lesson or 2. I am in Saint Augustine only 70 miles from New Smyrna Beach.

Is your sprinter one of the Mercedes? I don't know a lot about them.

Think I will finish the build on Chevy for now. I very slightly overheated my Chevy Z71 pickup and took out a head gasket over a year ago so my old fishing boat hasn't been in the water in a long time. The 6.0 van will pull it easy. A young kid moved in across the street from me who's main hobby is working on cars and helps me with any kind of car repairs. I sold my truck to him really cheap in return. He had the heads pulled and gaskets replaced in his off time (like after work in the evenings) within a week and is happy with my old truck. Wish I had that kind of energy.( guess I did at that age)

Anyway my rear conversion van doors should be ready by Monday and once they are installed I can start the build.
A SEEKER

I never heard of the guy, he plays pretty good. I'll have to look him up. Last winter I played in a band pretty regular and didn't get to get out to see other players much. Good luck building your van, and keep in touch!

A blues band just doesn't feel complete without a harmonica player. :) There aren't very many black people in Oregon but the blues are alive and well here.
I feel a bit envious of folks living in Sprinter vans. The extra headroom and square footage must be nice. Even the mileage is better. Maybe someday...

HB, I'm late to this thread, but do you have any photos of your van you'd be willing to post ?....................Thanks
KinA

Ken in Anaheim said:
do you have any photos of your van
Sure do,

may112014017_zps7e6131ba.jpg

This is the new van along with the old van.

may112014013_zps280565e8.jpg

Check it out, 6 miles on the odometer!

may112014018_zpse53131da.jpg

O yeah, she's bad.

may112014025_zpsc62016b8.jpg

I hadn't done anything yet to the inside. I now have a nice carpet, but there's a lot of work to do. I've got it in the barn now. I'll be wintering in Michigan (yuk!) and done want to get any snow on it.

The old van is for sale, only 400,000 miles! Thanks or asking about my van.

Don't know why Mercedes quit the inline 6 diesel that would be a great motor in the sprinter family. A friend mentioned fiat will be entering the diesel van,, interesting to me they make a very robust product.

Latest posts