Greetings, weeks away from going full time

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemon_Dropped

Reaction score
Hello everyone.   Happy to "meet" you all.

Last year, I lost my job with a Fortune 500 company, and haven't been able to find a new one.  Then, on a spur of the moment, last January, I flew into Phoenix, rented a small RV, and attended the 2019 RTR.  What a great experience!  It changed my life.  I returned home to the east coast, motivated to pursue the nomadic lifestyle.

I embraced minimalism and purged about 95% of my belongings.  I have the remaining 5% in storage and will slowly but surely reduce it down.  

I also completed major renovations on my home, then called a realtor.  It sold in 5 hours (I have a fantastic agent)!  Home inspection is scheduled for next week.  The closing should be on or before September 30th, 2019.

I found a great van and put a deposit on it.  I am having a mechanic check it out next week.  It's a 2014 Ford E350 RB, with a Quigley 4x4.

In a few weeks when I move into the van, my first trip will be from the east coast to CA for a high top by Fiberine.  After that, I'll be off to Northern Arizona Wind and Sun for a solar package.

I feel prepared and excited.  I am all ears to any advice you would like to share with a newbie.

Cheers!
Lemon Dropped

Welcome to the CRVL forums Lemon Dropped! Congratulations! You're on the way to one of the greatest adventures of your life! Take it slow and enjoy the journey. Keep us updated and ask for advice if you run into anything unexpected.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Sounds like a cool vehicle, and a good plan. It also sounds like you won't be trying to scratch by on skinny dollars like many have to. Congrats on your revelation !

Welcome!  It sounds like you are ready to make lemonade from that lemony past.  Best wishes!

this can't be "THE Lemon Drop Kid" can it. I don't believe the Lemon drop kid that I knew ever worked for a fortune 500 company. he barely ever worked, LOL. your real name wouldn't be John by chance, would it? highdesertranger

Very nice! As the old saying goes, everyone loves a man (or a woman) with a plan. Sounds like you're implementing one. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures in the new van.