great idea for warmth

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peacetara

Reaction score
"Friends, if you are like me and find it not quite cold enough to waste firewood but cold enough that it takes a while to warm up under the covers at night, I have a tip for you. Fill a stainless steel water bottle with hot hot water and peppermint tea. Put it to bed before you, and when you wake up in the morning enjoy some nice tea before getting out of bed." My friend who is also named Tara.

Of course it doesn't *HAVE* to be peppermint tea :)

Yea I've heard of people using a hot water bottle (soft bottle type) to pre-warm their beds before going to sleep. They then push it down to their feet to keep them warm all night. I have not tried it myself yet.

The Sunbeam Heated Comfy Toes Foot Warming Pad, Queen/King Size 25”x68” was the first heated mattress pad I bought. I have now replaced this with a Sunbeam full size heated mattress pad.

I now use the 25”x68” model on my high back office chair in the winter months. I will be using this in my rolling aluminum tent in snowbird mode with a 100watt cigar lighter inverter.

The label says it draws 90 watts but since it is a three speed I guess low draws 30 watts and medium draws 60 but there is no auto shut off.

It’s best to put a light quilt on top of it to disperse the heat better.

http://www.amazon.com/Sunbeam-Heated-Comfy-Warming-Queen/dp/B00ENRCMC0

For those who have a microwave available, I use to make corn bags as gifts. Simple square of material and deer corn (or others have used successfully real rice, not instant variety) heated a few minutes to warm up the bed and keep toes nice and toasty. Others have taken an old sock and done the same. Great for backaches. Can also be frozen for a decent ice pack. :)

old sock with 2 pounds of beans, what ever cheapest at the store. Heat 2 minutes in 1000W microwave, 3 in 700W. Be careful, too long and it gets very hot, I had one of rice that had a fire.
A liter of hot water (160F) will stay warm all night. I use an old water bottle wrapped in a sock.
I seem to never have ice when/where I need it.

Give it another month and the water bottle will be long forgotten. PROPANE!!! MORE PROPANE!!!

72 DEGREES ALL NIGHT LONG.

If the hot tea stay mildly hot until morning, then that's the best idea since you can drink it.