Google’s “Project Fi” Wireless Smartphone Service Offers Data At $10/GB,

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice plan!!

Now if they were only using Verizon as a carrier...sigh!!

When I get stateside for the winter, I'm going to have to move away from my favorite carrier up here, which is Virgin Mobile, because stateside they use Sprint for towers... :rolleyes:

$20 base plus $10 a GB is awesome if you don't use much data. It would be a bad deal for me as I'm only 2 weeks into my billing cycle on Verizon and have used 7gb on 3g. At that data usage I would be looking at $160 a month.

Don't forget, as of right now you need a specific phone for it to work, the Nexus 6

I use 200GB a month on average... I would be lost without my unlimited iPad plan on ATT for $30/mo. I'd say Google's service is on par with a lot of other offerings out there right now which is slightly disappointing.

Holy crap! 200GB? I probably use 4-5GB per month and I'm on several hours a day. I'm mostly on forums though and rarely download music or videos, just a little YouTube once in awhile. I pay $65 per month to Verizon for phone, text, and data. Wish it was less.

Iggy said:
Holy crap! 200GB?  I probably use 4-5GB per month and I'm on several hours a day. I'm mostly on forums though and rarely download music or videos, just a little YouTube once in awhile. I pay $65 per month to Verizon for phone, text, and data. Wish it was less.

Yeah I really abuse the connection quite a bit. My work requires a lot of data and constant webpage refreshing so I'm constantly refreshing my work page with a script every 10 seconds for about 8 hours a day. Also I'm on video chat quite a bit with family and friends that are further away. Uploading RAW files for my photography eats up a ton of data too. I really don't think I could get by on less than unlimited. I was really hoping Google would do something more ground breaking like they did with fiber.