Good news for once

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great that it went well, Jim! Nothing like having good vision again and the price is right. I went for my second checkup today.

So that's a week in right? Hows the vision?

It will be a first for me, I've never been able to use the eye unless I tilted my head way back and looked under the cataract, then it was as sharp as could be. It's not clear yet but I went out and looked at a point of light, I saw one light instead of three. That is a huge improvement.

Vision is doing great. Most of the blurriness had cleared up in a couple of days from the surgery. Will take another week or so for redness to mostly go away. Keeping drops in the eye and following Dr's instructions. Don't forget....no lifting/straining.

jimindenver said:
In a year that has seen more chit hit the fan for me than ever before, I thought it would be nice to share good news that happened by chance.

In the ER thread I spoke of going to the Urgent care for a eye issue. They told me I had two infections and was worried I was loosing my sight in that eye. So much that they set up the follow up and referral to a eye doctor. That didn't work out so I had to find another yesterday and was glad to see him today because my eye had clouded over.

First bit of good news is that Urgent care was wrong, no big deal, gooped up my eye and said you will feel better tomorrow.

Second bit is the med I shouldn't have taken was causing cloudiness, that will clear up.

and now the biggy for me. As the doctor looked at my eye he asked why I hadn't had the cataract taken care of. It's a birth defect and I was told they would fix it only if I injured the other. He told me that not only could it be fixed, the insurance will pay for it. Wow, just wow. It's never been more than left peripheral vision to the right and a annoyance at night.

So a bit of good news for once. Now to get my doctor to do the referral.
Jim

I have went to the Littleton Day Care Surgery Center and seen Dr. Lance Forstot.  Phone number is (303) 730-0404.  DO NOT see Dr. Dominio I did not like him.  But about anyone there other than Dominio was great.  I have heavy eye issues and have had since age 24.  Sounds like you are on the right track and best of luck from someone who has been there.  Eyesight is oh sooo important!!!!!!!!!!!

Glenda "From Oz"

That's great to hear. Those drops were another reason to get it done now. The insurance covered them to the tune of a few hundred a bottle. The lifting part is easy since I already have a 10 pound limit with my back. Even so I spent as much time this weekend doing things that I knew I'd have to hold off on like working on the roof of the trailer or building the battery box.

Glenda From Oz said:
Jim

I have went to the Littleton Day Care Surgery Center and seen Dr. Lance Forstot.  Phone number is (303) 730-0404.  DO NOT see Dr. Dominio I did not like him.  But about anyone there other than Dominio was great.  I have heavy eye issues and have had since age 24.  Sounds like you are on the right track and best of luck from someone who has been there.  Eyesight is oh sooo important!!!!!!!!!!!

Glenda "From Oz"

Glenda I used Harvard park surgery center which my eye doctor is part owner of. That was the part I thought I'd have to pay for.

You're probably right. I think some of the drops can get expensive depending on what they are. In the meantime we can twiddle our thumbs until the surgery heals. lol

Twiddle is right, I want to be building on my trailer. I have one wire to run underneath and splice into the trailers line before the weather hits, then it's all indoor work.

My first check up was this morning. I was worried because I woke up at quarter of five to find my shield stuck to my arm, not my face. As it is my vision in that eye is already 20/25 and better than they would expect it to be in a days time. It is also 90% healed up and I should be fine as long as I can get through the week and not screw it up.

That's one thing that scares me about cataract surgery, I rub my eyes all the time, I envision the shield falling off and night and me have a nice thorough eye rub on my freshly operated eyeball.

Sounds good. Other than the shield coming loose. The original tape used on mine right after surgery and usually stays on overnight is really, really hard to pull off. Almost feels like the skin is coming with it. That's the kind of tape to keep shield on for eye rubbers. PITA on daily basis but.....
Yeah I have things needing done rather than twiddling thumbs myself. Did have some help today getting a heater core changed out. One more project done.

Today was my last check up. The left is 20/20 uncorrected for distance, better than the right. With both eyes corrected it's 20/10 both distance and close up. I may have been able to go smaller with some effort but that was the bottom line. The assistant though I was joking when I said I didn't understand how neither eye was 20/10 but they were together. I've never seen that before, I'm use to the left hampering the right, not helping it. I ordered two sets of glasses because losing my only pair was soooo depressing earlier this year.

20/10 and here I was considering not doing it at all.

Wow , that's great !
Unless you see something really ugly !?
OH well. good with the bad , right?

You talking the evil mirror in the morning right? Being able to see the wrinkles isn't something I considered going in.

I forgot about THAT !
Errrr , I mean yeah that's what I meant.
You'll get used to it !