Glamping - glamorous camping

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mac J said:
for comfort?

Absolutely subjective and based on preconceived notions of comfort. I'm comfy in a 12 dollar hammock.

offroad said:
Comfort -style -flare - pizzazz. When you are 75 you might like the little extras.

Why get hair cut? Why look good? It helps you relate. Might stop the local cops from rousting you. People might like you more.

I don't cut my hair nor give credence to my appearance. I am clean to remain in good health but my appearance tends to keep the real riff raff away. I'm sure I may like different things in 45 years.

Cops can razz me all they want. That's their path, not mine. I'm pretty crime free. I don't want anyone to like me for the things I own nor the way I look. I have been blessed with many true friends and I'm thankful for that.

I gave them my standard "Yeah, yeah, Duck Dynasty" answer to make them happy and they said "Noooo, Willie Nelson"
Compliments on both counts! ;)

camper serenity 003 (Small).jpgI'm a glamper, it's all about a theme, its fantasy and playfulness and a sense of humor. My friends are into thrift store finds and making chandaliers out of old broken crystal and 1 dollar solar lights.
A lot of us call ourselves trailer trash because we like to brag if we get an old trailer free for the hauling to fix up. The less you pay, the bigger the brags. The inside of mine is taking on a classy bordello theme right now.camper serenity June 1 2014.jpg

Attachments

• camper serenity 003 (Small).jpg
    camper serenity 003 (Small).jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 10
  • camper serenity June 1 2014.jpg
    camper serenity June 1 2014.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 10
  • camper serenity June 1 2014 (5).jpg
    camper serenity June 1 2014 (5).jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 10
  • camper serenity A little help.jpg
    camper serenity A little help.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 19
That's how it's done boys!!! ^^^

Outstand job there DFitS!!! I love your choice of colours!

Whacha got for a trailer there??
I found this '67 Aladdin for my wife for trade for some signwork....She went nuts over it!!!! (bonus points!!) :angel:
She's been picking up all kinza cute tidbits for it.

camper1.JPG

Attachments

• camper1.JPG
    camper1.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 18
dragonflyinthesky said:
I'm a glamper, it's all about a theme, its fantasy and playfulness and a sense of humor. My friends are into thrift store finds and making chandaliers out of old broken crystal and 1 dollar solar lights.
A lot of us call ourselves trailer trash because we like to brag if we get an old trailer free for the hauling to fix up. The less you pay, the bigger the brags. The inside of mine is taking on a classy bordello theme right now.

I was definitely under the wrong impression. This is some really neat shit here in my opinion. My apologies.

I have a female friend who lives in a small Burro (like a Cassita) fiberglass trailer and pulls it with an old Subaru car. She makes less money than any other vandweller I know (and I know a lot who live on VERY little) and the inside of her trailer is the nicest of any I've ever seen!

She calls it the Casbah, and that's just what it looks like! It's gorgeous with lots of reds and lace! But I know for a fact it cost her very little money.

I have another friend who makes $600 a month on SS and she has all thrift store furniture in her van but she has decorated it in such a way that's truly beautiful and the most homey van I've ever seen.

My friends, it's called STYLE!!
Bob

Dragonfly - that yellowthroat (warbler) is outstanding!!! That is the best artistic use I have seen in a while for that bird. So cool that you picked that.

Thanks offroad. Guy, I knew you wold see my way eventually:)
A little more about the socialogical (don't spell to well) aspect of glamping.
There are men that enjoy this to. There's is usually a woodsman theme or similar, doesn't matter, its probably something his wife won't let him have in their house. Same goes for women. Too much silly stuff for most households but with her own little trailer that she decorates with other peoples cast aways, she still has money for her family. Many of us are baby boomers and older and we (me) are searching for (for instance) the little anodized aluminum glasses we remember drinking kool aid out of when we were little or the tupperwear containers our moms used for the baking goods. Its about memories for a lot of glampers.
I have 2 small jobs in 2015 painting other gals campers, 1 in Fl and 1 in Colorado. I don't charge much, I'm not a world class artist or painting for people that have much money usually but it makes me happy and makes them even more unique. See, you may not want to paint a scene on a newer van or camper and certainly not if you are going stealth but if your camper is older than many of the members here and is already beat up, why not?
I know one woman who named her trailer BB. BB because someone had used it for target practice with bb guns before she bought it and the old trailer wears her scars well.

Attachments

• Serinity 2013 004 (Small).jpg
    Serinity 2013 004 (Small).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 28
This is rather the point I've been trying to make, is that so many of you actually live in your rigs (whatever they may be)...so why not make it cozy for yourself, and surround yourself with the elements that make you happy??

and I KNOW what I'm talking about...I've lived in several rigs. (ever consider 'glamping' in a cab-over semi tractor???....I did for several years!)

it's not just about making things all 'cutesy'...it's about practicality, and having fun too!

look at it this way....you decorated your house/apartment didn't you?? You created an atmosphere for yourself that made you feel at home and showed your true self. Well, so now that you're living in a van or trailer, you can do the same thing there too! It's your home, so why not??