GIRLS' ROOM: Going to the RTR this winter first time, are you going?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you! Stress them out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My van arrived! I have to take it to the insurance company for visual on Tuesday, and have other obligations as well.... BUT I am seriously considering taking out of here on Friday heading for AZ. IDK I think I am enjoying every irrational thought I have about this! It's too far and takes too long to get back home.... and I may need emergency physical therapy (anyone in the group a PT?).... I'll have to give my assistant a key to my stationary home... I need to at least throw all the camp stuff into the van because I need it and because I need the weight! I drove it home from the dealer in 30 mph wind gusts and also with the truck wash...couldn't go over 60 safely. (I don't think the stabiltrack was on... have to get the book out tonight...)

BUT what I wanted to share.... I'll post in the potty thread... you WON'T believe it! ahahahahahah

Hi Laura,

This is my first time attending I live relatively close by Southern Cal Desert and I own a Toyota Tundra Truck with Fourwheel Popup Camper. I will only be there from 1/19 to the end. Please look for me, My rig is uncommon so I should stand out. I just retired in 2015 working in the healthcare industry and now I want to explore other lifestyle opportunities. I've been traveling solo all my life on a bike, car, and now my present setup.i l enjoy meeting with other women To encourage and pass on my life skills. Hope to see you!

Janette

Kundrup... have you left yet? I'm driving the 2500 miles also but leaving from SOUTH Florida... hopefully tomorrow (Saturday) but I might have to put it off to Sunday due to my body and disability issues caused by all my excitement and physical rendering the van ready. I really hope I am there by the 11th.

Okay gals... I AM coming out... I'm good on most of the trip road ( I-10) but very unsure about the turn off and stopping place in Quartzsite.

Please look for me... I'm that big Gold Transit wandering around lol.

drjean

I am leaving today. I have a thousand miles to go, but plan on taking three days. Slow and steady with better gas mileage. See you all soon! Blanch.

DrJean: "I'm good on most of the trip road ( I-10) but very unsure about the turn off and stopping place in Quartzsite."

* Westbound, approaching Quartzsite on I-10, get off at Exit 19 (Riggles Ave).
* At the end of the offramp, turn LEFT (south) onto Riggles.
* Follow Riggles to the end, where it forms a T with Kuehn St.
* Turn LEFT, and follow Kuehn around the curve past the church
* And then the road curves right and becomes Dome Rock Rd. (good place to hit you mileage counter). This is a frontage road that goes alongside the I-10 freeway.
* Drive about 1/3 mile (0.66 mi) and look for a brown Dept. of Interior/BLM sign ("14 day camp limit") on the right. Turn in there and get free permit from camp host.
* Get back onto Dome Rock Rd. and continue RIGHT (east) about 2.66 miles more to where you'll see a barricade in front of you and the pavement ends.
* Turn RIGHT (south) onto the dirt road right there, and drive about 1.5 miles. There should be markers/flags marking the turnoff (RIGHT) to the RTR (just before a left curve warning sign).
* Continue a few hundred yards from the road and pick a spot.

Bob's GPS location: 33°39'03.0"N, 114°08'45.3"W
But when I mark it on Google Maps, the reading shows 33.651893, 114.148049.
I don't know what that's about.

DrJean said:
Kundrup... have you left yet?  I'm driving the 2500 miles also but leaving from SOUTH Florida... hopefully tomorrow (Saturday) but I might have to put it off to Sunday due to my body and disability issues caused by all my excitement and physical rendering the van ready.  I really hope I am there by the 11th.

Okay gals... I AM coming out... I'm good on most of the trip road ( I-10) but very unsure about the turn off and stopping place in Quartzsite.

Please look for me...  I'm that big Gold Transit wandering around lol.

drjean
I am in SC and will probably be leaving Tuesday. I have hit several snags along the way. I was looking so forward to it. I hope I can still get there for some of it.

Caryn

Hello, my name is J. & I travel with my lil buddy, a stuffed pink monkey, I named "PinkyJJ.  My motto is "Life is not just a Journey its an Adventure". I'm a 55, single female and am enjoying living this free lifestyle.  I too would like to start connecting with others before the RTR.  I've recently connected with Bob Wells and plan to attend the RTR for the first time but would rather not go alone.  I don't have a van or an RV & will be going in my car.  I did a dry run to Ehrenburg today just to see where it was & found the road a tad rugged.  I was a little nervous but I made it up there.  I would like to meet up with other car dwellers & hopefully learn a few things but mostly I'd rather not go to RTR and not know anyone.  Meanwhile, I'll be shopping for a few things I think I'll need like a table, chair, etc.

Will anyone be there on Monday I could meet up with?  I would welcome the opportunity to make some new friends while on this awesome adventure.

Thank you.
MizJ.

I'm trying to become a vandweller by choice. This is a real test run I think...especially with the weather, but also because I had to throw the insulation and sound proofing and camp stuff in and bungee cord it up. I plan to leave out in the am just after sunrise IF there's no fog (none expected.)

I wanted to leave this morning but God said no, and turns out that bad front came through the state and I would have been in windy rainy weather all day. I think for the first night I will spend it in a hotel in the Panhandle. Too much fatigue and good excitement has taken it's toll.

I know it will take at least 4 days, if there's no wind rain nor snow nor ice. Pray for that, other wise I will stop and get a room hahahahah and it will take me 5 days...so 2 days late.

I sure hope those who are going to the RTR and can post WILL. I'll be looking for updates especially for the weather travelers are finding.

PS I travel with my service dog, a standard white poodle.

Tell me more about your service dog. I've been playing with the idea myself for a few years and it's been recommended to me by several Doctors. I love all animals and my last dog died several years ago. I haven't had the heart to replace him yet and it would be hard to replace the perfect dog but a service dog might be just what I need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I plan on getting there tmw aftn. If anyone sees me lookin lost please guide me in..my rig is a white suburban & 2 door Airstream.
Thanks
LilNomad

I'm having to live vicariously through y'all this year since I won' make it until 2018. I am finishing out the season for this job until the beginning of May, have other adventures planned after that and will be moving into the camper in September.

Hope you ladies have an amazing time this year and hope to see some pictures and videos

I am in Blythe right now. I made better time traveling the thousand miles than I expected. I will arrive later today. I am going to try the RV PitStop in Quartzsite to empty my tanks and fill up for 14 days. It looks like they have good propane prices as well.

Hopefully I won't be the first to arrive, I need someone to tell me where to set up.