GIRLS' ROOM: For On The Road Hygene

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8 oz, $12. Too rich for me!

A spoonful of baking soda in a quart of warm water will gently clean all skin surfaces, cut through oil and perspiration, deodorize, and you don't have to rinse.

Yes. I've taken a baking soda bath with a cup of water.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Baby wipes between gym showers. Putting a little alchole hand gel on it for underarm odour kills the nasty bacteria which causes the odour.

Been using no-water "dry" shampoo for camp outs since the .. um... 80s? Great stuff!

Thanks!

Damp cloth with a disinfecting essential oil, no need to rinse. Use it on my scalp too before applying a dry shampoo.

I use three kinds of wipes: Facial (for face and body), intimate hygiene, and sometimes your regular wipes for hands (antibacterial) or antibacterial / alcohol gel after things like after refilling at the gas station or using the toilet.

It's fine in winter, especially if I surf, but I really don't feel clean in the summer only using wipes. I'll try the suggestion of baking soda with warm water above :) I had heard it as a natural solution for regular hair shampoo substitute too.

I had used the dry shampoo (spray) and it did wonders, but it's not environmentally friendly at all, goes quick and is dear.

I spent many a day in the hospital as a child, always subject to the daily warm sponge bath by the nurse. Military learn to take a bath from their helmets. Too much reliance upon the antibacterial wipes might...MIGHT... cause a paradoxical reaction or just an overuse and resistance by the bacteria over time. Bacteria communicate with "itself" around the world and adapt (go figure).... and we all want the wipes to be viable for a long time.

Don't pass up good ole soap and water and washcloths folks.

Unrefined, unprocessed apple cider vinegar.

The smell of vinegar dissipates quickly. It is a awesome disinfectant and deodorizer.
I was intoducted to this years ago. It is actually a better antibacterial agent than some prescriptions only without the downsides than pharmaceuticals bring.

I even wash all my fruits and veggies in apple cider vinegar because it removes the insecticides and germs so well! (Actually, I'm so allergic to products, it's what I clean my house with...errr what my assistant uses).

Be careful of antiperspirants or powders with aluminum.... read the labels.

You can also try milk of magnesia or lemon juice (it's the citric acid that works.)

DrJean, does your 'assistant' clean other houses, too?  :D   I need an assistant, too.  I had a word with the dog, but she just rolled her eyes.

Did you know that Rumford seems to be one baking powder brand that doesn't have alumimum?

Yes. But she is a personal assistant so she runs errands, bookkeeping, dog bathing or whatever I need her to do.

The Rumford can always had the "R" scratched into a "D" !