Getting ready for the road

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eleanor

Reaction score
Hi folks!!! I am renovating a 1947 camper trailer into a long term home on wheels. I hope to hit the road by summer 2021 with other friends who are doing van conversions. Launching date depends on Covid, and selling my sticks and bricks. Planning for this next life adventure is such a joy! The journey has already begun, and I haven't even left the driveway yet (weekend trips yes). I look forward to finding valuable information on this page. I like doing my homework and this page will be a huge help.

Welcome!
Thats so cool to renovate a truly vintage camper and bring it back to life. Please document and share your progress. Start a thread to keep us updated. And we like pictures of before, in progress, and complete. :) and we can be your virtual cheerleaders. Your experiences on your build will help many of us in our own builds, as points of inspiration or problem solving.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Eleanor. Paleezeeeeee post photos of your camper. I love the old ones. Is it in original shape???

GntlStone said:
Welcome!
Thats so cool to renovate a truly vintage camper and bring it back to life. Please document and share your progress. Start a thread to keep us updated. And we like pictures of before, in progress, and complete. :)  and we can be your virtual cheerleaders. Your experiences on your build will help many of us in our own builds,  as points of inspiration or problem solving.
I will definitely post images and progress. There have been many great puzzles to solve, with more to come.

Cammalu said:
Eleanor. Paleezeeeeee post photos of your camper. I love the old ones. Is it in original shape???
I will create a thread once I get more familiar with this page. My camper trailer is in near original shape. It has needed rewiring because the electrical was all original, and a real mess. There are other interesting challenges too. I learned a lot of skills at the Vintage Camper Boot Camp that happens every spring in Hollister California. It is an entire weekend of hands-on restoration classes and great speakers.

1947 trailer!!!!!! we need pics. dang it must be retro day between that trailer and Copper's moped. I love it. highdesertranger

What make is the trailer. The 40s had some awesome ones