Fuse Diagram for 1999 Toyota Sienna

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AD64

Reaction score
Hello fellow (mini)van dwellers,

I've taken the seats out of the minivan, cleaned it out, topped up the fluids, added a bed, kitchen, toolbox and both both the Chilton and Haynes repair manuals (shop manuals are on my wish list). I'm hoping to drive off into the sunset tonight yet there is one thing I haven't been able to address: neither the front cigarette lighter nor the back cigarette lighter work and thus I don't have the ever so desirable 12v power port for life on the road.

The usb ports above the cigarette lighter do work, and I've tried both cigs with two different devices (a 12v cooler and the jumper cable/battery pack thing) just to make sure it was the cig port and not the device. I have found two of the fuse boxes (one in the back right/passenger side of the van and one at the driver's left knee behind the coin cup).

My challenge is that I cannot yet find a fuse diagram for the vehicle to check if it is a fuse or something else. I have found fuse diagrams for the 2011 Toyota Sienna, yet I believe they are not the same as the 1999.

I'm imagining I might drive off into the sunset tonight even if I can't get this worked out today; it's not critical, yet would provide more comfort if the cigarette lighters offered up power.

Any help or insight anyone can offer would be welcome. 

Thanks,

AD

A cigarette lighter socket has the ability to deal with a cigarette lighter pushed in and held.  Some sockets short blowing the fuse.  Some sockets contain a thing like a fuse that melts when it gets too hot even if the amps aren't too high.  You may have a socket issue.

Do you have an owner's manual?  That's where you will find fuse information.

Thanks Trebor English,

This is helpful information regarding the nature of the sockets.

I see lots of general information in the owner's manual and in the repair manuals, but not the diagram of what each fuse on the panel is for. This fuse chart is the next thing I'm trying to find so I can check whether the fuse is blown or not.

Best,

AD

highdesertranger,

This is the very thing I needed.

I'll download the PDFs so I have them with me.

Many thanks.

I believe page 12-28 of your Haynes manual has the wiring diagram you need.

Also I forgot to mention there is a fuse diagram sticker on the backside of the change holder cover.  Just open and pull out the cover.

gapper2 said:
Also I forgot to mention there is a fuse diagram sticker on the backside of the change holder cover.  Just open and pull out the cover.

Thanks, gapper2, this is useful. I'm traveling and will pull out the Haynes and the coin drawer when I land somewhere with a moment to take it in. And maybe when I'm near an auto parts store too.

Appreciating everyone's wisdom on this.

Best,

AD