Free table

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremiah Diminovich

Reaction score
Somebody asked for a picture of it its just a little bit down the road on your left when you're coming in and you pass the rusty Barrel
eb5d0d14f6366a03395962569cf883f9.jpg

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

I'm hoping that some kind person with a truck will be willing to haul away the auto bench seat and front chair that someone dumped there before someone gets a ticket for dumping, especially now the group is being watched. I'm wondering if we should stop doing this now unless it's organized it could be considered dumping. I can take a guess that Bob would be the one that got in trouble. 

What do you all think? Should we put an end to the Free table in Ehrenberg, and save our stuff for the RTR? I think the table is ideal to use for gatherings, and that is what it was being used for, prior to someone leaving stuff on it once at which time it became the free table.

I think as long as its usable stuff and not trash like those car seats there won't be a problem with it its going people start dumping there trash off there instead of just taking it to the damn dump that is going to become a problem you can see on the table everything they are is usable except for the chairs unless some people come out here to party went something to sit on but then we deal with trash again

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

I think if a ranger were to look at that table they could argue that it's junk, even if it may be useful to other people, their main concern is that its all gonna get left there, or scatter around the desert.

Yesterday there were two huge AGM batteries there that one of our group is taking for recycle. Leaving them takes it beyond leaving usable items or being lazy and leaving your trashed items for someone else to haul away. Leaving batteries it a environmental hazard and will likely be the end of the free table if seen by the rangers.

Thank you to whomever is recycling it. Good to know there are responsible adults out there :)

I vote to get rid of the free table in Ehrenberg. unless someone wants to take responsibility for it. at RTR it's different it's only 2 weeks and nothing is left Bob see's to that. highdesertranger

jimindenver said:
Yesterday there were two huge AGM batteries there that one of our group is taking for recycle. Leaving them takes it beyond leaving usable items or being lazy and leaving your trashed items for someone else to haul away.

My first instinct was that they were useful for core exchanges in case someone was buying their first set of batteries.

highdesertranger said:
I vote to get rid of the free table in Ehrenberg.  unless someone wants to take responsibility for it.  at RTR it's different it's only 2 weeks and nothing is left Bob see's to that.  highdesertranger

I do too. I'm the one who's been organizing, cleaning up and tidying up the Free area at the RTR the last two years (and have BEEN volunteered to do it again this year ...LOL) I've also been keeping an eye on the table in E and taking away trash and broken things when I was there, but I don't think I'm returning there for a good while so I'm not watching it right now. I think it will cause a problem with BLM. I vote we ask people to take their stuff back, and someone puts a sign up stating NO MORE FREE STUFF or something to that effect. People can donate it to the RTR instead. We just need volunteers to do it. I would, but I'm not in the area at this time.

Why not just put an additional sign on the table, ie.  Table being removed <date>, and on that date take everything left on the table to the dump and move the table.

Right now it seems like a real hassle to keep a lid on the trash that gets dumped there.  Some are doing what is it is intended to be but it seems a small percentage is taking advantage of the thing, there does always seem to be a small percentage, and dumping worthless trash there.

The saying "one man's trash is another man's treasure" kinda explains the "worthless trash" left there.
At least some of it....

rvpopeye said:
The saying "one man's trash is another man's treasure" kinda explains the "worthless trash" left there.
At least some of it....

I think I was thinking more along the lines of ones mans trash is the other mans trash also.

I read a lot of posts about people making runs to the dump to keep the amount of trash down.

I can only say that after all the trash was left for me last year, and the attitude of many toward dogs, I was washing my hands of Ehrenberg and wouldn’t be camping with anyone there but a few select friends.

The whole Ranger clearing the area was a blessing in dusguise for me.