FREE Shock Collar Portraits at RTR (Tues 1/15 & Wed 1/16)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

van.project

Reaction score
We're attending our first RTR this year and wanted to offer something a bit... different:

Tues 1/15 @ 1PM: Shock Collar Portraits**

Wed 1/16 @ 1PM: Non-Shocking Portraits (aka just portraits :p  )** 

Location: TBD- we'll probably set up something by our rig, so come look for the 1964 Clark Cortez Campervan

Come bring a beverage or a snack to share, socialize, and watch people get electrocuted with a dog shock collar while we take their portraits.

** We're going to limit this to 50 people per session (unless we feel like doing more.. but no promises).

So, you're probably about to ask: What's a shock collar portrait?
----At Burning man in 2017 Matt and I offered "Shock Collar Portraits" to the community. I'll attach a photo of my portrait. But, it's pretty much what it sounds like: we set up a photo booth with flash, tripod, etc., attach a dog shock collar to your neck and snap a photo right as you're being electrocuted.

For those of you who think that's a bit too extreme (Matt wasn't sure this was really the right audience for this kind of shenanigans) we'll also be offering regular old portraits too. Come bring yourself, your dog, your gal, your dude, your stuffed animal and get a nice photo of yourself to remember your time at the RTR.

See you in AZ soon!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 5.15.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 5.15.37 PM.png
    392.6 KB · Views: 51
  • tez_tablelands_web.jpg
    tez_tablelands_web.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 21
I'm sure that within a group of 5-10,000 people, there will be folks that appreciate what you offer. Enjoy your RTR. I almost said, what a shocking offer, but then decided against it.

You ain’t right. You belong in the YARC thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds fun! And it's a great way to tell if various people are my type or not. I'm not a wild and crazy Burning Man type, but I'm up for the occasional humorous/weird thing. I'd rather be the most boring person among the freaks than the the wildest guy among the fuddy-duddies. I'm an introvert and if I'm going to go to the trouble of expending social energy, I'd rather do it in a fun way. I have a pending commitment that keeps me from RTR this year, but if I can be there I'll be in line for a dog collar photo.

Too funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There used to be a game (actually sold in stores) where everyone held a shock device connected to the controller.

The controller would make make a terrible sound then shock the last person to release their button. But it would also shock anyone who released *before* the sound. My PTSD nervers couldn't take it!