Florida Beach Camping, Paddling, Fishing, Music, Sports

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryCamps

Reaction score
Hi, 
Totally new here. I have a great post-COVID life, in my late 40s, working as a leader for a European biotech company, and traveling solo.
Been learning the ropes, getting self sufficient while still working somewhat off the grid - hot spots, solar, etc - but currently in a Mazda SUV and with a mix of sleeping in a large tent or my vehicle. The word at work, is that we never have to go back, so I am starting to consider what kind of vehicle I need, as I start practicing and experimenting. 

As part of this, I have scoped out all the campgrounds along both Florida coasts and plan to make my way down the coast to the florida keys. I am going to telework, and as soon as 5 oclock hits, I'll be paddling, biking, fishing, playing guitar by the campfire and having a few cold ones. Then making my way south to the keys, little by little

If any of you are in this part of the world and want to at least have a coffee and talk about whether we would ever share campgrounds, let me know

Thanks,

Bryan

Attachments

• BryPaddle.jpg
    BryPaddle.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to the forum Brian. I’ll be in Florida the day after Thanksgiving through April maybe we’ll run into each other. Either way welcome to the forum and get those snowbird wings ready.

Welcome Bryan to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

sounds like a great plan good luck.

highdesertranger

Welcome Bryan:

Be aware that it is difficult to get reservations at State Parks and other campgrounds in the Keys. You have to stay up a minute past midnight 11 months beforehand and post quickly, LOL. When you go online to view the reservation site, you'll see what I mean. Also, in FL we have Water Management Lands for cheap (sometimes free) camping. No amenities or hookups at most of them and you have to get a permit online a week or more in advance, but some are quite peaceful (and cheap...did I mention cheap, LOL?).

5 o'clock in Florida lately is when the sun goes down and it's dark so not much to do after sunset unfortunately