FloJet Portable RV Waste Pump??

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherterr

Reaction score
Or something like it? Here it is
Anyone?  It seems to be a great thing with all the Amazon reviewers...

I have a septic and one of those 'rolley carts' at the home base...lugging it is getting really OLD.  My septic is slightly up hill and about 30 feet away. 
This looks like a godsend! What do you guys think?

(I also saw a great DIY version someone made from an old Insinkerator garbage disposal.. lol ::) DIY )

that one in particular I don't know. did you read the one star reviews, lots of negatives. I really can't recommend a good macerator pump but I am interested in a good one. highdesertranger

It should work okay. I just bought a permanent mount macerator pump off of ebay. It's a Johnson 12vDC Macerator Marine Head pump. The intake valve is 1-1/2" and the outlet takes a 1" hose. I bought it to pump my grey tank from one side to the other. But I'm thinking of plumbing the tanks to where I can use it for both grey and black. I need to do some thinking on that.

so compassrose give us a review after you have used it for awhile. highdesertranger

I've had the flojet waste pump for about 8 years and have used it extensively. I have pumped uphill about 10 feet and up to 100 feet away with no problem. It uses a 5/8 inch garden hose and empties a tank in a few minutes. One thing I've found - you need to put a teaspoon full of vegetable oil in the business end of it when storing it away - this lubes the impeller for next time you use it. I have a page on the flojet waste pump here: http://www.rverscorner.com/Flojet_RV_Waste_Water_Pump_Kit.html

so rverscorner. I am assuming you would recommend this pump? good tip about the vegie oil. how long have you had it? highdesertranger

I do recommend this pump if you truly need it (i.e. no other way to dump the tanks) It is pricey.

If anyone has this pump be aware that there is a fuse in the remote on/off button handle. Took me awhile to locate that sucker !

rverscorner said:
I do recommend this pump if you truly need it (i.e. no other way to dump the tanks) It is pricey.

If anyone has this pump be aware that there is a fuse in the remote on/off button handle. Took me awhile to locate that sucker !

The macerator I have requires two fuses.  I wonder if they all do?

I do not typically need a macerator to dump the black tank with.  I do need one to pump out my grey tanks because the drains will go up above the tanks, over the frame and down to the drain outlet.  I think if you need one more than once or twice a year, it may be in your best interests and sanity to add one. I also think you should be able to make your own "portable" pump by adding a fitting on it to attach. You would also need to add a power source for it. I think the portable is awfully pricey. I think the permanent one is much cheaper, even after you add a couple of extra parts to it. I just found I could buy the marine ones off ebay cheaper. You do need to watch and be ready to buy it when you see one at a good price. Mine is "new, never used" but old stock. I just happened to find one that landed within my budget (purchase price + shipping). I had been sorta looking for a couple months. I figured if I was going to get one, I might as well hook it up permanent.

(Sorry I was gone for so long) THANK YOU ALL for your informative posts!