Fitness Trainer work?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dgorila1

Reaction score
Does anyone live in their rv/van/vehicle and make a living as a fitness trainer full time? Seems like it would keep you tied to a specific area since they tend to have regular clients. Upside is use of shower and other amenities in the gyms you work in. Also seems like a possible good profession because if you move from one locality to another you can find a job if there are fitness places and you are certified or have established yourself. Feedback?

Most certifications are issued by the state. Would you have to recertify in each state?

As a former trainer, I’d personally rather work at a Walmart than trying to build up a client base here and there.

Now on the other hand if you have a large online following, I know some people are able to have group training sessions here and there, as they will post ahead of time where they are gonna be. But that also seems that you would need to rack up a big online following, which doesn’t sound fun, but to each his own.

WanderLoveJosh said:
As a former trainer, I’d personally rather work at a Walmart than trying to build up a client base here and there.

Now on the other hand if you have a large online following, I know some people are able to have group training sessions here and there, as they will post ahead of time where they are gonna be. But that also seems that you would need to rack up a big online following, which doesn’t sound fun, but to each his own.

What about working for a gym, so they pay hourly or is it commission based?

Most gyms are commissioned based.. now if you want to stop in an areas for a bit, you could, find a big gym, in which they may give you some clients, because some will have people who specifically sell training. But this is not always the case, even some big box gyms you have to find your own clients.

There is always the option of renting space from a gym, and being an independent trainer. This pretty much means choosing your own hours, finding your own clients, and having your own insurance.

In my personal opinion personal training was fun, but I personally prefer an hourly job knowing for sure I’m getting a check. But there are also good trainers who are good salesmen as well, and they make a really good living. I actually filmed a video of my buddy who has his own training faculty, I think it’s live on his channel now and he talks about becoming a trainer.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB5BfdF9IWKCsMKLodQYNSQ