Finaly some progress on my tiny cabin

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtW

Reaction score
finally got a bit of money, and started roughing in the electrical

hit a bit of a hitch, can't find my wire strippers, so tuesday will have to hit a Home depot or something and get a pair
at least the wires are routed and boxes hung, just need to put the receptacles in

Watching with interest.  

I'm wondering that if a guy had a touring-camper Van with a kitchenette,  bed, Jeep jugs for water.....that he could remove those from the Van into the tiny cabin for his living quarters.  The Van would then be empty and
usable for work or hauling things.   Or if this were a northern "summer" residence,  the tiny cabin's contents could be loaded back into the Van (again) and he could head south for the winter as a snow bird.  (possibly
build a second tiny cabin there) 

If a guy could adapt his work to this way of life he would have steady work in pleasant weather conditions.

This could work for someone in Landscape-planting,  Landscape-carpentry,  Contract-Gardener,  Painter,
Handi Man,  Boat & Marina mechanic,  RV Service tech,  Computer-IT service tech,  Cook, Wait staff, Seamstress,  and any other lite work jobs which don't require loads of tools to carry. 

I once had a CB radio that I was listening to as I traveled.   It was just before Christmas on that trip and this
guy whose handle  was "The Ham" was telling Truckers to pull into this roadside rest as he was doing repairs to
CB rigs.   He had new antennas, power mics, and equipment to set the SWR etc and would give free estimates.   I heard him saying his wife had divorced him and he was living out of a Class C and traveling while making a living doing road side repairs on Trucker's CB radios.     This just as an example of a guy using his imagination and living well.

I think a guy with said camper van could easily do that
wiring is going slowly in the texas heat, I just can't work well with sweat rolling off me, and the wires aren't cooperating
this is my first time doing this, too, trying to get it right round 1