Finally making a dream come true.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeBird

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well I'm finally going to make a long time dream come true, I've been talking about it for year's but always had the fear of failure but I've finally gave in and am going to do it.

Long story short, I bought a cheap motorcycle at the start of the season and a major issue came up with it where the engine would have to be removed to replace the part which pretty much made it worth $500-$600,

I put an ad up on craigslist asking $1000 and had a couple and their son come look at it, well they fell in love with it but the interesting part was while I was explaining my plan to move south and travel and planned on buying a van with the money, their son laughed and mentioned he had a 92 Vandura that he bought with basically the same purpose except to use it to travel and go snowboarding but lost interest and had the van put in storage for the past two year's, starting it up every month.

He had the van listed for $2000 but said he'd take $1500, after much negotiation, I got an e-mail from him a couple day's ago saying he would be willing to trade straight up.

He pulled up today to show me the van to seal the deal and I noticed it was leaking coolant from the bottom hose, I was planning on changing everything anyway, he thought the deal was over but I told him I wasn't too worried as long as he kept coolant in it and didn't overheat it on the way back to storage which was about a mile away, he texted me and told me the temp's were good.

So on Monday if all goes well, we'll be trading and I'll be the owner of my new van, I've attached a few pictures, considering my bike was worth like I said about $600, I think I got a deal, small bit of rust that can be seen in the picture but that's really about it, checked underneath and it was just as clean.

It has 137K on it and was owned by an older lady before him.

I do contract I.T work currently and am planning on either driving it to Florida (Where I already lived once), possibly Corpus Christi,Tx or So-Cal and continue doing contract work wherever it takes me.

Here's a few pic's in stock form, plan on removing the middle seat's (And possibly the bed as I'm 6'4" and can't fit), installing a mini-fridge, microwave etc before making the move hopefully in a couple months or less, lot's of upgrades and general repair's before then.

Very excited! :)

Attachments

• phpq3ZraZPM.jpg
    phpq3ZraZPM.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 57
  • phpvOmpaLPM.jpg
    phpvOmpaLPM.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 42
  • phpMnpsuiPM.jpg
    phpMnpsuiPM.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 52
  • phpFQWnXOPM.jpg
    phpFQWnXOPM.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 58
Wow! Thats beautiful! Luck with the coolant! Fingers crossed! :D

Sweet!! Hope all goes well and Welcome!!

FreeBird Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info and inspiration here.

Grats man! Just hope he's not a cheeser making up a story to get a free vehicle from you!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I'm really excited to begin this journey, have lot's of question's of course but first is replacing all the usual stuff, belt's, hoses etc but plenty of question's to come, glad to be a part of such a great group of people!

Welcome to the forum. Van looks really nice. Hope the coolant leak is an easy fix.

Congratulations, especially for making such a big step forward!