Finally introducing myself

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canine

Reaction score
Hi. I live in Eastern Montana with a dog. Currently, I'm in a traditional home, but have made it a goal to have a more modest, mobile lifestyle by the end of August of this year. We'll see what I can do.

Am learning a lot here. Also have been learning about myself. I have seen some pleasantly surprising knowledge from many of the members in these forums. It has been humbling a couple times! :blush: It is nice to have been exposed and challenged with some new ideas and new people. I hope you'll bear with me as I attempt to acclimate myself and grow within your community.

Charles; welcome aboard and welcome to a Tribe that spans all across the country.

I'm new also, your learning a lot and you will learn a lot more here and as you get ready to and get on the road to your new life (in other words, the learning never stops). :D

There is plenty of knowledge here and the people here are more than willing to give advice and help out if you have questions. People here WILL bear with you, a great bunch of people from what I've seen thus far.

Good luck on your adventure and take care..... Jim

Welcome, Charles! A nice side benefit of this lifestyle seems to be greater insight you develop as you challenge traditional models. I think it'll be even more transforming once you're actually out living it, with all the extra time you'll have to travel, reflect and think about things.

Charles isn't so bad, but my user name is Canine. Lol.

Johnny Utah, living outside my norms and challenging my traditional ways of thinking has better opened my eyes already to how I really am. What a cool benefit of not relying a more, bigger stuff to fulfill my life. Interesting, indeed.

Thanks, Jim. Life didn't turn out like I planned. Wouldn't it be nice if this path turned out to be the better one for long term? Despite being mostly in the beginning stages, I'm already touching on the adventure.

Haha....yeah dudes, the Charles is simply the guy Canine is quoting.

btw...glad to see ya finally making a formal intro here Canine!!

Welcome from Oregon!!

I thought Jim knew him by name. I was just a case of monkey see monkey do.

living outside my norms and challenging my traditional ways of thinking has better opened my eyes already to how I really am. What a cool benefit of not relying a more, bigger stuff to fulfill my life. Interesting, indeed.

It's when you start asking the question "why?" that you open up that can of worms. The simple act of choosing to live in your vehicle is a huge step towards upending everything you knew about society and life. Also, embracing the unknown is what makes life interesting and worth living. I mean if you're watching a movie that's completely predictable and knew exactly how it was going to end, it wouldn't be interesting at all. So why is life any different?

Johnny Utah said:
I thought Jim knew him by name. I was just a case of monkey see monkey do.
"monkey see monkey do"?, now I would never purposely steer you into trouble but sometimes I don't even know where the heck I'm going..... :D

I just saw Charles at the bottom of his post, then didn't think to use Canine.

OOOOPS Jim