Finally bought a van/vehicle today!!!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColdBrook

Reaction score
After searching for a vehicle or camper for the last 1 1/2 yrs, today I bought one!   Even though it isn't technically a van I think it would go under this category, let me know if I am wrong.
Next Wednesday I pick-up my 2014 Ram 2500 ProMaster.  Best part is I can stand up in it.  I had test driven it a while ago and loved how it handled.  Next I hope to take it to a small gathering of the tribe here in the NorthEast USA.   I already know I need to add a window.  It only has windows in the driver and passenger doors, so for cross ventilation I am going to add another window.  From  there it is a blank slate.  If anyone has anything they absolutely are happy they added or built into their van please share?  Thanks. :D

Overhead Fantastic Vent fan
Floor vents
Refrigerator
Solar
Two rear opening windows (marine ports)
A high fixed window for top of sliding door as we need the light for the inside, but can preserve our privacy. I posted a photo of the window today in the van threads (the one headed "nine months")

yes a Promaster is a van... go on the Promaster forums and read up. There's some issues you will want to be aware of.

Congrats on finally finding your rig! 

You are mighty patient....3 months of looking before finally finding one felt like eternity. 

Now that you have more free time that isn't spent searching, have fun with your build.

I put in my floor this week and it is a huge improvement

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I put in my floor this week and it is a huge improvement

Pic
d4279f2548b2cbe20c0aa97425213f7c.jpg

Please continue to post pics of your build. Ram Promaster 2500 is on the top of my WANT list. I see your passenger seat turned around. is that a swivel or did you just flip it around?

Your floor looks quite good. 

In addition to the standard YouTube posts that (a few are there) starting to address the euro vans, try this website on converting a Promaster/Ducato:

http://www.buildagreenrv.com/our-conversion/

He has a very detailed site with many products used and how they performed.  Happy reading!

mco65 said:
I see your passenger seat turned around. is that a swivel or did you just flip it around?
I bought the swivel at eurocampers easy install

You're probably going to put in a high volume fan eventually , Id say do it now. Put it near the back and there's your cross vent !And you get to still be stealth till you decide on your design.

WalkaboutTed said:
Two rear opening windows (marine ports)
A high fixed window for top of sliding door as we need the light for the inside, but can preserve our privacy. I posted a photo of the window today in the van threads (the one headed "nine months")
WalkaboutTed: We appreciated seeing your photo of the high fixed window.  We would love to see a photo of your marine ports. Do your marine ports have screens? We likely will put a deposit down tomorrow on an NV3500. Windows are next. TurtleLady

I had a bad experience with one, but if all the bugs are worked out I think the van is one of the better ones to build off of. I just couldn't buy another one after the way FCA treated me.

First thing I'd do is to pull off the little black trapezoids where the walls and floor meets and se if there is any road grime in there. Mine filled up with sand/salt after 4 hours of driving in snow.

If it's a diesel and you plan on driving to altitude (7500'+) make sure they have done the update on the computer system! They supposedly "fixed" the problem about 3 months after they bought mine back.

Check out my blog for all my problems. I only got as far as putting a CLR window in the slider, roof vent, bed, and some insulation in it before I decided to wait and see if it got fixed before putting more money into it.

Latest posts