Figured i would join.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ripper238

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm a long time outdoorsman that absolutely loves to drive. Just got back into long term camping and am playing with the idea of living on the road so i figured i would join. 

When i was younger i always dreamed of getting a semi and building a home in it so i could travel. Well, that clearly is not the way to go so i have started with a 4Runner and have been doing my extended cross country trips in it. Since i live on the East coast I have camped in every state from ME to GA, truly great places to camp. Laws are a little over the top, but like anything there are workarounds. 

So far I absolutely love being all alone with noone around for days/weeks, really makes me feel like i am free. Plus i am really good at keeping myself entertained. lol 

I look forward to learning and sharing.

Welcome Ripper238 to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Fantastic you have an Acceptus team with very helpful new membr information! I love well-run forums.

I'll be sure to read through it thank you!

Welcome Ripper, I'm also an East coaster... I live in Maine.
I went on a roadtrip to Florida and back this past spring. I found a fantastic campsite in GA that was $5/night, but right now I can't remember the name of it. I'll look it up if you'd like.

Maine and NH is just such a great area. GA is my line for now but hopefully i can work my way into GA and do some camping. Ill be sure to post before i go.

I just read over some of the rules. Really great, however a 15 minute edit rule? 

I hope i can work through that, its a major issue for me with my poor spelling and time it takes me to put together a post and not miss anything. 

Such a bummer. But maybe it will be fine.

Ripper238 said:
I just read over some of the rules. Really great, however a 15 minute edit rule? 
Many of us here have the same reaction, and have agitated to have it changed. But - they're not budging.

Oh well. I'm betting you will find, as we do, that this forum is well-run, and 15-minute rule or no, it's a great place to be!
Glad you're here.

On most of my forums we have a "Watched" and/or "Started" option right on the main forum page to easily see what i have posted in. I know we can do this through the user CP. Just checking if i messed any other way of doing this.