Fellow Minnesota Campers - 2020 practice runs

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amygdala1

Reaction score
I'm a newbie, looking for others in the Upper Midwest area in Minnesota/Iowa/North Dakota/South Dakota/Wisconsin who would welcome some organized nomad practice runs being in Minnesota next summer, 2020. 

I'm interested in boondocking, dispersed camping and campsite camping, and I'm in an Hour Car Prius, hence needing to remain in the confines of Minnesota for reservation availability. 

Since I just committed to the nomad idea in August 2019, this past fall I squeezed in an overnight at a local campground within the metro area to verify that being a nomad in a Prius was NOT something I would end up hating; turns out I loved the experience, and will be scheduling longer stays for next year as soon as the reservation board opens up.

Also on the docket is a combination hike/camp along the Sakatah Singing Hills Trail. That will be my mini Camino de Santiago  :cool:       

If you're interested in the possibility of nomad practice runs, feel free to PM me or add to this thread. Thanks, and looking forward to meeting up with like-minded souls down the road!

Sounds like a great idea. I'm a newbie too, sorta kinda and I live in Illinois. I'm interested in meeting up with midwest people and possibly find others to drive outwest.
I'll keep my eyes on this post and see how it turns out.
My friend drove a Prius out west and into Alaska then back to Illinois last summer. He loved it!

I'm waiting for my ship ($$$) to come in....i don't think it will arrive this summer...probably in October,( I'm from MN).
I love the idea of practicing together.....happy for those of you that will be doing this !!

Hello!

I just got my 2004 Chevy Express Van in December and I am about to take it on its first trip next week, down to Texas, over to NOLA and back up to Minnesota.

I'd be happy to connect up this summer. There are some pretty good camping options close to the Metro -- I am guessing that is where you are, yes?

Plus we can go explore our state, which would be fun too.

BTW, downtown Red Wing just installed a charging station this past fall, in case you didn't know that.

LaMonster, Gypsy108, Srae29, thanks for connecting!

I won't be hitting the road either until 2022 and will be headed to various spots in Arizona initially, but it's looking better and better that the $$$ will actually allow that to happen.

I have made a handful of reservations from May to September in a campground in the metro here in MSP to camp/practice sleeping in a Prius for long weekends; let me know via private message if you're interested in joining me.