Favorite Youtube Channels

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I decided to go full-time RVing about 4 months ago, and I have been educating myself largely by watching Youtube videos.

Here is a list of my favorites so far that I compiled for another post in no particular order except the very first and last one. 

What are your favorites?

CheapRVLiving (our own Bob Wells)
CreativityRV
You, Me, And the RV
Love Your RV
The Off Grid Schoolie
DIY Solar Power With Will Prowse (everything you want to know about solar in an extremely entertaining format)
Less Junk, More Journey
My RV Works (excellent RV repair by a professional RV repairman)
Big Truck Big RV (if you want to tow a trailer or 5th wheel)
Traveling Robert
Carolyn's RV Life
The Motorhome Experience
Keep Your Daydream
EnjoyTheJourney.Life
Fate Unbound
Changing Lanes
Pippi Peterson
John Daniel
Paul Barger
HOBOTECH
Pippi Peterson
All About RVs
Love Your RV
RV Geeks
Everlanders (ultimate off road)
RV With Tito DIY
New Jersey Outdoor Adventures (mainly van and Class B tours)
Mortons on the Move
Gone with the Wynns

and the very first one I watched and is still one of my all-time favorites Long Long Honeymoon.

I'm finding that I'm watching less and less YouTube videos.  It seems that most of them are rehashing of stuff that I've already seen.   I do search for videos when I'm trying to figure out something, but am ignoring most of my subscriptions.

I watch very few of those RV/Van Dwelling videos anymore I have unsubscribed to most of them. some on that list are like finger nails on a chalkboard to me. highdesertranger

You forgot the best - little house on the road

Will prowse bought a house and a tesla with youtube money....i find that obnoxious and i find it extremely troubling that the tiny youtube channels can bring in so much money. Its a wake up call to how rich our country is compared to what normal people are getting paid. I know non-travel channels just blowing 6 figures on a weekly or monthly basis with no other job. Think about that....

and ive caught many of ehhhhh statements on his vids.

I find most to be extremely unoriginal and cant watch them anymore. Once youre out here its a bit different cause your not in research mode. Nobody ever does anything different. They drive and camp and make dinner and go to a museum or something.

I've been watching Gone With The Wynns since they were in an RV, always interesting.

Other favorites are:
Cheap RV Living (obviously)
Creativity RV
Carolyn's RV Living
Wandering Jimmy
Slim Potatohead
Nomadic Fanatic
Steve Wallis
Sailing Yacht Ruby Rose

Non-Nomad faves:
Ask A Mortician
Vlogbrothers
Primitive Technology

Hmm. I need to try harder to diversify my viewing.

Elbear1 said:

Will prowse bought a house and a tesla with youtube money....i find that obnoxious and i find it extremely troubling that the tiny youtube channels can bring in so much money. Its a wake up call to how rich our country is compared to what normal people are getting paid. I know non-travel channels just blowing 6 figures on a weekly or monthly basis with no other job. Think about that....

and ive caught many of ehhhhh statements on his vids.

I find most to be extremely unoriginal and cant watch them anymore. Once youre out here its a bit different cause your not in research mode. Nobody ever does anything different. They drive and camp and make dinner and go to a museum or something.
I'm not familiar with Little House on the Road. I'll be sure to check it out.

I seriously doubt that Will Prowse bought much of anything with his Youtube money unless he has been squirreling it away for years while living cheaply in his RV. There simply isn't all that much to be made unless you have a number of million hit videos and hundreds of thousands of subscribers, which he clearly does not.

Besides, his Tesla only cost $32K used, and I bet he has a huge loan as well as a huge mortgage on his house.

But some things about his channel are certain. He is incredibly knowledgeable about DIY solar, he has an infectious upbeat and positive attitude, and he obviously enjoys disseminating helpful information to his subscribers.

Hes said he only does youtube full-time. Many, thousands, of people dont work at all and do youtube full time while spending millions. Cleetus mcfarland for instance builds new 1500hp cars every other month with a new class A, massive shop, jet engines, lot full of new trucks, and a clan of mechanics he pays. Then he bought a million dollar house...

youre not getting over a quarter million dollar loan if youre making $100 a month....then turn around and spend tens of thousands on a car, furniture, and all kinds of solar and lithium stufff.

MeiraNomadRN said:
Nomadic Fanatic
I watched Eric a lot at first. But I made the mistake of watching some of his earliest videos where he whined incessantly and even cried for money to stay on the road. He also made his politics clear on his web page which was another big downer for me.

Elbear1 said:
Only $32k...youre not getting over a quarter million dollar loan if youre making $100 a month....then turn around and spend $30k+ on a car and all kinds of solar and lithium stuff
What makes you think all he does is make Youtube videos? What sort of bank is going to give you a big mortgage on that basis when the most hits I've seen on any of his videos is 700K, and he has a handful of others which have gone over 100K. He only has 157K subscribers. I bet he is lucky to make $20-30K a year on YT videos.

Watch some videos on how much YT pays people. While the ones with a million plus subscribers might be making enough to live very comfortably, for everybody else it is basically a hobby or a way to supplement their income.

Paul Foster said:
I watched Eric a lot at first. But I made the mistake of watching some of his earliest videos where he whined incessantly and even cried for money to stay on the road. He also made his politics clear on his web page which was another big downer for me.

Oooh, I have not seen the earlier vids, nor sussed out his politics.  I must repair what I have missed!

(thanks!)

Elbear1 said:
Hes said he only does youtube full-time. Many, thousands, of people dont work at all and do youtube full time while spending millions. Cleetus mcfarland for instance builds new 1500hp cars every other month with a new class A, massive shop, jet engines, lot full of new trucks, and a clan of mechanics he pays. Then he bought a million dollar house...

youre not getting over a quarter million dollar loan if youre making $100 a month....then turn around and spend tens of thousands on a car, furniture, and all kinds of solar and lithium stufff.
Watch this video that Will made last year. In June 2019 he made $7K, which was apparently a lot more than he typically made until then. He claims that most of his money comes from book royalties. He also mentioned having an internet service as well. He also claims he always pays cash for everything, so he has indeed been squirreling away all his income for years while living effectively for free in his RV. 

Paul Foster said:
What makes you think all he does is make Youtube videos? What sort of bank is going to give you a big mortgage on that basis when the most hits I've seen on any of his videos is 700K, and he has a handful of others which have gone over 100K. He only has 157K subscribers. I bet he is lucky to make $20-30K a year on YT videos.

Watch some videos on how much YT pays people. While the ones with a million plus subscribers might be making enough to live very comfortably, for everybody else it is basically a hobby or a way to supplement their income.

Cause he said its what he does full-time

Does it dawn on you all these people spending crazy money that maybe youre being lied to for donations? Theyre all getting these boatloads of money somewhere and they aint making that working at walmart. You think they have time to make videos 6-8x a month and work full-time? NO

You realize even making $30k and still asking for donations is pretty audacious. Then add in sponsors.

DAVE2D - new class c
Pandamonium - brand new class C

Neither work...

Theyre making more than they let on

Elbear1 said:
I did watch him a while ago. But I gave up on his rants after his Quartzite "warning".

Elbear1 said:
Cause he said its what he does full-time
I just posted a video where Will explicitly stated that most of his income comes from book royalties. Check out Amazon.com for details.

I've never heard Will ask for a donation. I think you are confusing him with someone else.

Again, watch some videos on YT revenue. It isn't anywhere near what you think it is unless you have millions of subscribers and your videos frequently get millions of hits.

Yeah been there done that. Seen them all. What you need to realize is alll these people, much more than will prowse, who do nothing but youtube arent getting $250k out of thin air. Nor are they getting it from pamphlet sales on amazon.

for the last time please stop the back and forth bickering. I already deleted a post. I don't want to see any more references to Will Prowse highdesertranger

Status
Not open for further replies.