Entire Coconino Forest AZ closing Wednesday

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mountains of western North Carolina, and the nearby border areas have lots of National Forest. The elevations are around 4000 feet. If you can handle 80F it should be no problem. Lots of trees for shade.

Apache Sitgreves Natl Forest is closing tomorrow.  This may not be every Forest in AZ, but it is now all the larger ones that are closed to camping.  It is sad, but it needs to happen.

On a good note we had gentle rain here most of the night and early morning.  That hass had to have helped the firefighters contain the fires.

staying in the Harbor Freight lot tonight before going to private property tomorrow. Only a handful of RVs here while the Walmarts are slammed.

Just an update Arizona State Lands will close for recreation 6/25/2021 according to a news release today should it affect anyone.

Did AZ just hang out the "no camping" sign or something? 

Everyone should just job share that Trillium Lake job in Oregon. 
-crofter

jacqueg said:
As hot and dry as it's getting in the PNW this year, I suspect at least some federal lands will be closed to camping here as well.

It's going to be outrageously hot where I am in a couple days.  The thought of 4th of July this year scares me.

Many governors will not limit the sale of fireworks and cities trying to limit sales are being sued! Guess public safety doesn't really matter judging from the way Covid 19 was handled and now this.

The majority of firework sales in WA state are from stands on tribal lands. The state has no right to stop those sales. All they can do is ban the use of them off the reservation but that is impossible to enforce on the night of the 4th.

I guess since the American government stole their land tried to kill them off they are just trying to get even! Lol!!! Wasn't uncommon to see unfriendly neighbors back in the hills burned out! Pretty smart to be able to make money while getting them to do it to themselves! There are plenty of ways to limit sales anywhere in the country, we do it with many goods, it just takes educating everyone to what is needed.