Electric Bike Reviews

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a massive bike! I can not think of any bike carriers for RVs I guess you would have to tow this behind your electric vehicle which would of been funny. said:
:exclamation Many people havfe talked about using an electric bike for fgddfgdfgdfgdfgtravel. There is a website that reviews electric bikes called EBR (Electric Bike Reviews) at https://electricbikereview.com/ you may find useful.

Plenty of two wheeled bikes but also trikes, and stuff like this.

I'm sorry, but a three wheeled bike with a small bed on the back and a msrp of $5,800.00 is insane.

IMG_1548.jpg
66788 said:
I'm sorry, but a three wheeled bike with a small bed on the back and a msrp of $5,800.00 is insane.

I agree; it's all getting crazy. A news report states that the top of the line GMC pickup (with all the bells and whistles) will approach $100,000.00.

And if you don't or can't drive anymore, what your choice. You can easily spend $3,000.00 to  $5,000.00 for a good mobility scooter and seen some as high as $10,000.00.

Personally I like this trike;
http://tridenttrikes.com/jouta-delta/products/terrain/

But these fully loaded with electric approach $4,000.00, but looks like they could handle the terrain.

Attachments

• IMG_1548.jpg
    IMG_1548.jpg
    56.7 KB
66788 said:

It's all relative.

True story:

I was riding around on my ebike at Glencoe Campground in Sturgis a few weeks ago. Now keep in mind that probably hundreds of millions of dollars in expensive RVs and expensive motorcycles along with all kinds of expensive motorized toys are running all over just this one campground for 2 weeks. My little ebike was CHEAP compared to most of the rolling stock.

I was talking to another camper and a nice-looking, nicely-dressed middle-aged lady out walking a well-groomed poodle of some sort came up and she was curious about my ebike....actually a lot of people asked about it so no big deal.

Here is a picture of the rig that her and her husband were camped in:

IMG_20190808_124056390_HDR (Small).jpg

(Just for information, these NewMar NewAires cost just under $500,000 brand new.)

She asked a couple of questions and then asked about the price. I told her mine was about $1500...she kinda grimmaced and said, "wow...those are kinda expensive aren't they?"

I pointed at her shiny new half-million dollar rolling zip code and said "no ma'am, THOSE are expensive, and THESE bikes are CHEAP!" She sorta shook her head and walked off....how DARE I disagree with her!

It's all relative.

Attachments

• IMG_20190808_124056390_HDR (Small).jpg
    IMG_20190808_124056390_HDR (Small).jpg
    101.4 KB
Thanks for the chuckle Brian. A an RV shopper you are darned right!!!

I have a folding 36v Li-on bike that with no pedeling at all will take off & haul my 230# 18 miles @ 18mph. Pretty amazing IMHO as I got it as a $500 deposit & the guy never returned & I didn't get his # but it's been over 2 years.

Latest posts