Dynamax REV

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
corky52 said:
I would strongly suggest renting an RV with a Murphy bed before buying, my rig had such a bed and it was the second thing I removed!  Setting a bed every night before you can go to sleep gets old REALLY fast!

Corky

I thought that murphy bed was a bad idea, too. There are always the days when someone wants to sleep in or isn't feeling well. But there are other floor  plans.

We went back and looked at the REV again. Test drove it, and thought it handled well. More sway than our Grand Caravan, but not too bad. Good turning ratio. On acceleration, the motor runs at 3500 to 4000rpm, but it gets you up to speed quickly and then shifts and rpms go down. Good visibility, good mirrors.

This is a 2015 RB model, they were asking $63,500. I offered $55,000. He came down to $59,995.

There were some things that my wife didn't like, where to store the bedding? The screen door was sticking in the frame. That's probably an easy fix, I don't know why they didn't fix that, they knew we were coming to look at it.

We walked out. I don't know if we would buy it, even if the price comes down.

I read that the REV is within 50 pounds of max load on the right rear tire, which is where that nice big storage compartment is. The Winnebago version is said to be slightly lighter, but I'm betting not by enough to make it usable. They need dual tires on the back to handle the load being carried.