Driving from AZ to Houston ???

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceilimary

Reaction score
What is like to Drive From St Johns AZ to Houston TX in early December  ??? I am driving A crown Vic. ;)

Once you come down out of the mountains, it's kind of monotonous. As my father would say, it's miles and miles of miles and miles. Sometimes a storm might blow down from Canada or up from the Gulf. So watch the forecasts. It can also be very windy.

Thank you very much, :)  now I have to look up what is monotonous. Have a wonderful day.  :rolleyes:

Beautiful and scenic countryside, with plenty of free time to relax and listen to your tunes. A lovely trip.

(Until you get to San Antonio -- after that you're in the sh*t my friend  :D)

A pleasant alternative if you have an extra day is to take old 90 east out of Van Horn, Texas and follow it through Marfa and Del Rio and then Victoria, Texas, thus bypassing San Antonio and the western suburbs of Houston.

Your sanity will thank you.

Enjoy your trip!

Johnny

:D  Oh, Thank you, This trip is not for fun.  need to take care of some businesses. I am a bit of worry about the weather situation.   I look up through u tube, and it looks petty straight road, so I think I will be okay :) Thanks

Why would anyone in their right mind want to go to Houston?  PS I live in Texas.

^^ I liked Houston. Spent a month there a couple winters ago. Lots of cool things to see. I had a great time. (It does apparently tend to rain a lot there in wintertime, though.)

:)

I live in Houston and have since 1974. I moved from the Dallas area. The people seemed much friendlier than Dallas here then. The part I don't like is the loooong, hot and humid Summer.

B and C said:
...the loooong, hot and humid Summer.

...which ends with the beginning of hurricane season, followed by oil spill season.  :D :p :D .

Actually hurricane and Summer season run concurrently. Houston hasn't had an oil spill since I don't remember when. The Gulf is another story.

closeanuf said:
Why would anyone in their right mind want to go to Houston?  PS I live in Texas.

Only when you have a serious business. :s   Hopely I don't have to go...

:Dlenny flank said:
^^ I liked Houston. Spent a month there a couple winters ago. Lots of cool things to see. I had a great time. (It does apparently tend to rain a lot there in wintertime, though.)

:)

Yeah , That's why I am in AZ. Smart! ;)

B and C said:
I live in Houston and have since 1974.  I moved from the Dallas area.  The people seemed much friendlier than Dallas here then.  The part I don't like is the loooong, hot and humid Summer.

:D Housing there is so cheap,   :blush:

I don't have anything against Houston, but the traffic was horrible.

closeanuf said:

Grandkids!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Van Lady said:
Grandkids!

I have no grandkids -- or children -- to ever lure me to places I don't like. Other things might cause me to be there, though.  :D :-/ :( :D