Dr. Wireless

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 16179

Reaction score
My "flashed" 3G Verizon hot spot quit working.  I contacted Dr. Wireless and my message was responded with a vague text.  First of all......I DO NOT TEXT.  I persevered through his "text" lingo and ended up sending him $325 for a $5/month 4G hot spot.  I got a nice page welcoming me to "Free Internet"........and three "free" SIM cards.  When the thing stops I'm supposed to put in another of the "free" SIM cards provided.  Well..............they last about three days each.  I ordered 50 off of eBarf for $80------$1.60 each.  That comes out to average $16.00/month.  Fine....not what I ordered, but cheap enough.  Now..................when I try to download an Amazon Prime video it won't due to location restrictions".

The $325 sent to "Dr. Wireless" was wasted.  My attempts to contact him have resulted with no response.

BEWARE!!!!

Yes we know, plenty of threads, discussion supporting use of any flashed hotspots is banned

There is a thread explaining that those deals are dead. I had hoped that people would pay attention to them. Contest the charges with paypal and/or your credit card. Some here have and gotten their money back.

I requested a 50% refund on my 3g, keeping the modem.

He texted me back saying to request a full refund. I have not heard anything

Doug

I got a $165 refund on my 4G hotspot from drwireless. I paid $ 239. I get to keep the hotspot. Not the best deal, but I did get a few months of service from Verizon. And I did get some of my money back. I’m fine with all of this. There are no guarantees in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you get the refund? Did you go through PayPal to file a claim?

chucktate said:
How did you get the refund? Did you go through PayPal to file a claim?

Yes. That is exactly what I did.

How did you do the PayPal dispute? Did you attempt to contact the seller first?
Then did you say to PP the item was defective or what?
Thanks for the help.

I did not contact the seller. I just went through PayPal’s resolution center. I said item was not as described. I said item was an illegal product per Verizon.

Blanch said:
I did not contact the seller. I just went through PayPal’s resolution center. I said item was not as described. I said item was an illegal product per Verizon.

How long had you had your jet pack?
I have had mine 8 months, it was useable for 7 months.

I had it for three months. I believe PayPal will let you do a complaint resolution for up to six months. Check with PayPal.

Blanch said:
Yes. That is exactly what I did.

Good news for me. PayPal came through and is showing a credit that will be sent to my debit card I used. They are probably getting lots of requests. Folks should give it a try to get your $ back. Not sure of time frames, but worth a try.