Does anyone here have laundry equipment?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

protryon

Reaction score
I saw a box truck with one of those spinning laundry vents in a Walmart parking lot the other day. I was tempted to go and ask, but I decided not to intrude. Does anyone here have laundry equipment in their vehicles? You'd need a split phase inverter to power the 240 V models (which are all of them IIRC), which are a grand or more and are usually only very high wattage.

well if your talking a 5 gallon bucket with a Gamma Lid, a toilet plunger and a piece of rope for the solar clothes dryer. then yes, I have a laundry system. highdesertranger

I use one of the little hand-cranked laundry machines from Amazon. Does the job just fine.

:)

You can buy all-in-one washer and dryer combo units (either stacked or all in the same drum) that run on 110v...

Of course any of them need plenty of electricity and a water source so you don't see them used much in a boon-docking situation.

Maybe they just had an air vent that spins?

My laundry equipment is a jar of quarters.

I suspect simplicity wins the day, eventually. Space and water are a premium.

highdesertranger said:
well if your talking a 5 gallon bucket with a Gamma Lid,  a toilet plunger and a piece of rope for the solar clothes dryer.  then yes,  I have a laundry system.  highdesertranger

That's my laundry system.

I don't know anyone who runs a full one washer and drier. You'd definitely want an RV or box truck for space reasons.
There's a few options that run on 110v and are reasonably small but space it still an issue when decided what to do.
Probably the majority of people on here just go to the laundromat so as not to consume in vehicle space/resources.

highdesertranger said:
well if your talking a 5 gallon bucket with a Gamma Lid,  a toilet plunger and a piece of rope for the solar clothes dryer.  then yes,  I have a laundry system. 

Hoping you have TWO 5-gallon buckets in your rig...

:dodgy:

If you've ever read any of the Jack Reacher novels, he has the ultimate solution to doing the laundry . . . he doesn't. Every five or six days he just buys new clothes! Throws the old ones away.

I have an electric PANDA I bought in eBay for $120. I live in a TT. The Panda stays in my shower, and that is how I do the laundry. I use the shower head to fill the unit and it drains down into the grey tank after the spin cycle. It also has a quick spin dryer. After a spin or two I just hang the items to finish drying in an hour or two.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/142002813197

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL,  yes I carry a few more then one bucket,

oregon 047.jpg

I count 14 in that pic and that's not all.  highdesertranger

Attachments

• oregon 047.jpg
    oregon 047.jpg
    1.6 MB
Pull a little trailer hauling your bucket of water and soap , the key is installing oval wheels and tires.
Settings go as 
heavy duty ---- ------gas/brake ,,, gas/brake ,,,gas brake
Super quick Express wash -- drive really fast down a bumpy road
Drain and spin --drain water and then do donuts

I have done that, that's why I use the Gamma Lids. I will put a couple of buckets in the trailer and drive all day on dirt roads. you would be surprised how well it works especially on washboard roads. highdesertranger

Mobilesport said:
Pull a little trailer hauling your bucket of water and soap , the key is installing oval wheels and tires.
Settings go as 
heavy duty ---- ------gas/brake ,,, gas/brake ,,,gas brake
Super quick Express wash -- drive really fast down a bumpy road
Drain and spin --drain water and then do donuts

This reminds me of my early days in trucking (before microwaves and high power inverters were affordable) and we would reheat frozen food by wrapping it in foil and hanging it with a wire next to the turbo...

'Manifold cooking' or 'Car-b-que' it was called....so named because people would cook food placed near the exhaust manifold on those old big block gasoline V-8s with actual room near the exhaust.

protryon said:
GEAUX PRIUS Cowboy 
I have video of me using the key compoenent to washing clothes. It is a clothes spinner I paid $70 for that spins clothes near dry. I did not stay out long enough to use it when I was at the RTR I got a call and had to head home daughter had emergency surgery.  I can power that clothes spinner with my HALO BOLT emergency jump starter for the car. But better to power the clothes spinner with the inverter in your car I know that works too. 

Hand washing clothes is easy you put clothes in warm soapy water lid it drive around for 30 min take the clothes out spin them dry put them in no soap water spin them dry hang to dry. Sounds like a lot of work but if you are on the road anyway this will work especially if you have a Hitch haul cargo rack on the back of your car. Let the car vibrations ultrasonically clean your clothes. If you want to really rinse them drive for 30 min with your clothes in the no soap water. Spray and wash problem spots if you give a crap about spots I usually don't work hard enough to get any soil on my clothes. Just got to get my daly fonk off from walking 30 min on the treadmill. I have the video of the spinner and the halo bolt. Using that set up I could logically carry my clothes spinner into the gym hand wash my clothes spin them dry and bring them out to the laundry mat to dry them and be gone a little quicker and saving a lot of money. Them washers are $7 each in some places that is too high.

I have a high speed spin dryer as a single unit. Koi-E-Noor brand. Agitate clothes in a bucket, spin dry. Spinner runs on 500Watt inverter. Clothes come out damp but dry enough to wear in an emergency. Will do two king size sheets at one time.