do LTVAs require black water holding tanks in your vehicle?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a shame about the black tank rule (though i get the reasoning for it - people can be douche canoes) but I was thinking of a carrot trailer build and just using one of those Laveo toilets that dont need a black tank, but sounds like that would cause issues with the LTVA folks:(
Older camper vans used toilets with 10 gallon holding tanks that toilet seat mounted on top of. Still available from some major RV toilet suppliers by $$$.
Search the RV junk yard dealers for a used one. You will have to add the drain outlet under the van. For a sink waste water you can purchase plastic tanks sold to food trucks. Those can mount under a sink with a an exterior faucet outlet you screw a drain hose to.

Where there is a will there is a way.

Attachments

• 94EB75F2-48E7-46C6-A372-E424C079AEBF.jpeg
    94EB75F2-48E7-46C6-A372-E424C079AEBF.jpeg
    311.8 KB · Views: 0
That is a shame about the black tank rule (though i get the reasoning for it - people can be douche canoes) but I was thinking of a carrot trailer build and just using one of those Laveo toilets that dont need a black tank, but sounds like that would cause issues with the LTVA folks:(
haha i meant "cargo" trailer. I suppose with an orange paint job, it could be a carrot trailer too! lol