DMV Fee when registering RV

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urbanhermit70

Reaction score
How much  is your  DMV fee for RV (tittle and  taxes fee) ? Anybody from California?

Kalifornia, you are in trouble. just kidding, but if it's like everything else in this sewer it's expensive. highdesertranger

In Texas because my vehicle is over 30 years old it qualified for historic plate. That is $50 for five years. The catch is that you can only use it to go back and forth exhibition, shows and for maintenance including test drive and purchased parts. Since I travel all over the country in for exhibitions, shows and at so many different places there is no problem. In Texas they won't issued a plate without an annual inspection sticker no longer and the inspection have to be done at least 90 days prior the renewal, but the inspection DO NOT apply to vehicle with historic plate. I still go and do the inspection just to cover my ass, but in technicality without the inspection requirement and the 5 year plate I don't have to return to the state for five year. There is not a valorem tax in Texas and I would never lived in a state where I have to pay taxes on vehicle that I already own and pay taxes already.

In Florida I just paid $268. That was an out of state title transfer, new tag, and new title printed immediately. I realize that may not answer your question at all.

Cost me 78 bucks for a 22 ft tt and 138 for my 95 dodge with camper. San francisco quite an expensive sewer

If you want to register anything in komiefornia, don`t forget to take the Vaseline, because you are going to get reamed.
I used to live there, that`s from my personal experience.

Not being homophobic (cause I'm not) really? When did you live in California? Just asking. Hey why not Kalifornifuckingcation

wagoneer said:
Not being homophobic (cause I'm not) really? When did you live in California? Just asking. Hey why not Kalifornifuckingcation

I was born and raised in California, I lived there 47 years. I moved out of there in 2010, its the best thing I have ever done for my self.
California used to be a great place to live, before all of the liberal communists took the state over and started dictating what was legal or not, or what rights and freedoms you are allowed to have.

Also, things there are ridiculously over priced or over taxed.

Yes when I look back at the 50's and 60's this place has changed like no other place. My 2 boys cannot move out they just cannot afford it and they are looking elsewhere. Bought my first house in 1972 17k second in 1993 195k mortgage is barely affordable on my retirement but renting would be totally
unaffordable . Most of my old neighbors passed on and the "new" people have 5-6k mortgages. On the plus side is a fist full of great restaurants a robust secondary market and proximity to some fabulous outdoors, my plan is to slowly relieve my obligation and travel even more untill people have moved on and I can sell the house, or not.

I love Cali! Born here, raised here, will probably die here.

But on to the topic at hand, I bought my 1998 RV in Arizona for 15k. To get it titled and registered here, I paid 1536.00 to the DMV which included sales tax. I also had to have it smogged which ran 42.50 with the certificate.

Take care,

Robin

I registered my '85 Toyota Dolphin motorhome in Montana in about 1995 or so. The cost then was about $150.00 for permanent plates. Haven't paid anything since...

John

Many states offer veterans' discounts or waivers on vehicle registration. Didn't find an overall website with links to each state, but an online search for "yourstate veterans vehicle registration" gets you most of the way there. Has saved me hundreds of dollars a year - wish it could be retroacted for all the years before discovering it!

My junk is registered in NJ. When buying a vehicle, I have to pay 7% sales tax. The tags cost what ever that year and weight call for, each year. My 1987 Dodge is tagged with collector plates. Cost $65 lifetime. Same use restrictions as mentioned above. But I talk my way through because I have traditional liability insurance, and there is always a show someplace. My 1990 Chevrolet costs $67 or so each year. There is no longer inspection on vehicles 1990 or older. There are no discounts available.

I just looked up all the fees involved in registering a vehicle here in Ontario.

Here goes:

13% sales tax based on either what you paid for the vehicle or the book value, whichever is more. You can argue the book value with DMV but you better have really good documentation as to why you shouldn't pay what they charge you.

Transfer fee - $20.00

New plates if you need them because you're changing class of vehicle or don't have plates - $25.00

Safety Certificate - usually $75. to a $100. if it passes on first try or you have the same place do the repairs needed to bring it to standard

Emissions testing - $30. if it passes first time. $17.50 for retesting. (Only required in southern Ontario)

Annual Plate fee - $60.00 northern Ontario, $120. Southern Ontario

Drivers' Licence - $90. for 5 year license

Trailers: $59.00 plate fee (permanent), 13% sales tax, $20.00 registration fee.

Talk about needing vaseline.... :rolleyes:

Even with the perceived problems, we still live in one of the best places in the world. Here in Hawaii we call it "paying the price of paradise". And everything, I mean everything, is expensive. I pay $220.00 yearly for a small Scion xB.

Latest posts