Diesel cooker and heaters

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rokguy

Reaction score
<em><strong><span style="color: #888888;">I don't know if this has been posted before.</span></strong></em><br><br><em><strong><span style="color: #888888;">&nbsp;Not cheap but if you already have a Diesel engined vehicle certainly simplifies a lot having the one fuel on board.</span></strong></em><br><em><strong><span style="color: #888888;">Though still researching it for myself, I think it saves a lot of space and is quite efficient to run, Particularly if I can run it using the biofuels I currently use. &nbsp;</span></strong></em><em><strong><span style="color: #888888;">I think I'll be saving up for this system for next winter.</span></strong></em><br><em><strong><span style="color: #888888;">Geoff</span></strong></em><br><br><a href="" rel="nofollow" target="_blank "

I've had the older Espar/Eberspacher diesel furnace in my truck for many years now. Love it ! I have a gas truck, but you do not need much of a diesel tank if your just out for a weekend as it can only burn a maximum of about a gallon per 24 hours ON HIGH.... mine will only run on high until the truck warms up and then obviously starts ramping down the fuel use and blower speed as necessary.<br><br>I guess what that means is that if you are in freezing weather with an insulated truck where the heat loss is preventable, you might only burn between a quart and a half gallon a day once things are warmed up.<br><br>Add to that, they are very small in size and fit almost anywhere. I love mine and will certainly save whatever pennies I need to when the time comes to replace it when and if that time comes.

<em><strong><span style="color: #888888;">Nice one grummy I agree. </span></strong></em><br><em><strong><span style="color: #888888;">I mainly posted this to show how economical it would be to run in the long run and would pay for itself in no time. There is a lot of posts here talking about the costs of propane, electrical heating, so I figured I would lead the horse to the water so to speak.</span></strong></em><br><em><strong><span style="color: #888888;">Geoff</span></strong></em>

Latest posts