Desert Emergency Survival Basics

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
highdesertranger said:
phd = post hole digger.  i have a phd too.  got to keep them cattle in thier pasture.  highdesertranger
<br /><br />I regret that I didn't have someone with a phd such as yourself around when I was putting the book together.&nbsp; If I'd focused my attention on digging post holes instead of ways of surviving an unexpected and unequipped stint in a desert environment I could have saved myself a lot of trouble.<br /><br />Heck, I could have just let you write the book and I could have gone out visiting with phd owners.<br /><br />Maybe sometime you can write one anyway.&nbsp; A person can't know too much about digging post holes.

the part about knowing somebody whose grand father worked for the state of new mexico was true when he passed the governor went to the services that how respected the man was.&nbsp; the part about the phd was my attempt at humor.&nbsp; when people say they want to help on the ranch we ask them if they have a phd.&nbsp; we get the weirdest looks, like why do i need a phd i just want to be a cowboy.&nbsp; we start laughing and tell them a phd means a post hole digger.&nbsp; highdesertranger

<br />
highdesertranger said:
the part about knowing somebody whose grand father worked for the state of new mexico was true when he passed the governor went to the services that how respected the man was.&nbsp; the part about the phd was my attempt at humor.&nbsp; when people say they want to help on the ranch we ask them if they have a phd.&nbsp; we get the weirdest looks, like why do i need a phd i just want to be a cowboy.&nbsp; we start laughing and tell them a phd means a post hole digger.&nbsp; highdesertranger
<br /><br /><br />It ain't a big deal HDR.&nbsp; My own attempts at humor fall flat enough to mistake for pancakes and eat for breakfast.&nbsp; Getting free of the habits of being whatever we used to be also doesn't come all that easy.&nbsp; A well driller probably wonders, in his dotage, how many of the wells he drilled have gone dry, thinking it somehow makes a difference.&nbsp; Means something.<br /><br />That Desert Emergency Survival Basics book qualifies as a well than never put out much water in the first place, I reckons.&nbsp; &nbsp; <br /><br /><br /><br />