Cutting the Rear Seat Wires

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherterr

Reaction score
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Should I have any concerns for other electronic components in my van getting weird, due to cutting/capping the wires to removed rear bench seat?[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]  Thank you. [/font]

It depends. When I unplugged the front seat wires in my vehicle, the dash lit up like a Christmas tree with warnings about airbags, safety stuff, etc. Not only that, my display showed a text warning that I needed to take my vehicle to a dealer asap. This warning blocked all the normal information. Yes, I could dismiss it but it soon reappeared.

Rather than cutting, I would unplug and see what happens first. They must be plugs somewhere to remove the seats.

Yes, there are connectors, and they are unplugged.
No problems atm.
BTW…. Van is a 1999- so more ‘old school’. I’m trying to decide if a few more inches of sq footage is worth it. Lol. I have about 3’ of it wrapped and twist tied for now so…..
?????
Next. ? (Maybe I should have put this in the mechanical forum. Is that still in here -:):)

JanaBanana said:
It depends.  When I unplugged the front seat wires in my vehicle, the dash lit up like a Christmas tree with warnings about airbags, safety stuff, etc.  Not only that, my display showed a text warning that I needed to take my vehicle to a dealer asap.  This warning blocked all the normal information.  Yes, I could dismiss it but it soon reappeared.
Sooo glad my van is an oldie!  I detest warning lights from the dash!!  Makes me unnecessarily nervous. (Which, is why I’m questioning here!) :):)

Are you sure these aren't seat belt sensors???