Crazy old dude in a shed changed my control arms.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMG51

Reaction score
I'd been putting this off too long so I asked a guy at work if he knew any backyard mechanics that wanted to do the job over the weekend. "Yep, I do." He made a phone call and told me where to be Saturday at 7 AM.

When I drove up I thought for sure I'd made a mistake. I saw him at the door and could only imagine him being dottling and frail or end up dead under my van. Nope. He got right to work and knew exactly what he was doing.

Dude is 75, recovered from a brain tumor at 60, was born on that property. There's a small cemetery up the road with his family name dating back to 1845 on the stones. He is very much an old Vermonter and if you've never spoken with an old Vermonter you probably would not be able to decipher his speech.

You can tell he's in it for the long haul because his lawnmower seat is already returning to the earth.

New control arms, both sides upper and lower, with ball joints and grease fittings, new shocks, new brake pads. $200 for labor.

Attachments

• PSX_20170729_195312.jpg
    PSX_20170729_195312.jpg
    667.4 KB · Views: 0