"Crackdown" on RVs in SF Bay Area - CBS NewsI

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LoupGarou said:
^ Do you have any type of surf fishing gear?

I could spend hours surf fishing the beaches in Baja.
I have been shopping around for a longboard and also have thought about connecting my desktop computer so that I can edit my videos as I am used to using Final Cut Pro but the older version. The other thing is I've been stressing trying to bring the camper off of my truck and I learn a very hard lesson a few days ago never to unmount or try to raise a camper on an even ground. But I would like to do and I know would help me get distracted more would be to set the camper down and be able to drive my truck without all that weight and also I need to invest in some type of security lights here because Sun-Times there's not a soul around and it will be nice to have some lights outside  or better yet a few vandwellers that would rent here monthly in spite of what I said and another post that it might draw the wrong people but I regret saying that now and it would be a pleasure to have monthly renters here just for company and security I mean... Even just to say hello once in awhile wood ba lot of help. This hard piece of shell I found on the beach a couple days ago and I thought about buying a set of tools to polish Stone and do some type of artwork with them and maybe make necklaces, it's not the first time that I thought about this so I might invest in a real nice stone cutting and polishing stand or some sort I have a Dremel already. I mean don't get me wrong I have many things I can keep occupied with except loneliness can get to you and sometimes it's very overwhelming.

Attachments

• 20180815_085019.jpg
    20180815_085019.jpg
    824.6 KB · Views: 10
highdesertranger said:
when I fished in Baja I had to get a license.  read this,
Well how can I say this in better terms but I guess I might as well give you the whole enchilada. If you're a gringo here in Mexico then you're going to get picked on easily and if you're going to go on a boat charter fishing while then of course you're going to have to pay but for the most part you don't need a fishing license unless you got to hang out where the fear no Gringo tourist areas are. All along the coast of Baja there's tons of campgrounds and you will never ever see a stupid uniform guy checking for fishing license like you do in California let's say. in California you got these uniform Nazi license cops getting paid what 20 30 an hour even on boats coming up to you while you're fishing on the rocks.well, not here my friend this is Mexico. Mexico is a great place to come visit and if you are lucky enough to buy a nice and I mean a very nice piece of land then you can do very well but if you want to have that complete Security then you can go pay two three four hundred thousand dollars like some of these people in front of me who live in a completely guarded gated community with guards with guns and manicured lawns then sure you'll be safe. So the bottom line goes for fishing. If you going to charging boat or on some fancy Resort let's say or on some very nice Port where boats go out then sure but go outside of that wall of safety and you can go just about anywhere and fish without worrying about some a hole asking you for a license and then fine you what 30-40 $100 like in California where you need a permit even to flush the toilet. There's a lot of people that come to this Campground and others in the area and believe me there's no cops come in here investigating you if you have a fishing license or not. See I'm sorry to sound like this but Gringos in the United States are going to be picked on and told all kinds of stories about here and of course you have to be careful wherever you go but for the most part if you keep to yourself and friendly to others you'll be fine. I'm at this one Gringo yesterday here on a really nice car and surfboard and we talked a lot and his wife kept calling him on the phone constantly wanting to know if he was okay she was constantly stressing out about being robbed or kidnapped and all kinds of crazy stories and yes it does happen sometimes but I wouldn't even go to Cancun right now because the stupid cartels and there fighting are all over the place now over there however a lot of it really goes on on the outskirts. I don't know I can go on and on and on about stories about Mexico but all I'm trying to say is that just cuz one is from America they don't have to come here all panicked and wonder if they need this and that like going fishing here's a picture of where I'm at now and believe me you don't need a darn thing here other than to pay the owner here to camp and you can do whatever the hell you want as long as it's legal of course this picture was taken just a few seconds after I hit send and this is my Campground I've been here for a month and a week now and off of The Edge that you see in front of the picture you've got people fishing from there when there's high tide and others also along the way and sometimes they go down to the beach to fish and you don't have any stupid paid person coming out to you asking you for a fishing license like they do in the United States because the plain truth is America in California is all about money money money and more money for anything and everything and then again isn't that way we who live in our vehicles Vans RVs or whatever you live in chose this life because we got sick and tired of paying $1,000 for a tiny little room or mortgage for 30 some years? I sure did. The only expense that I am looking forward to very soon here is making my move to go live on the big island and buy a piece of land for under $10,000 and I can live out in the jungle with enough solar power to run everything I want and love my days I have left there and hopefully I can find musicians to create a band and make extra money playing classic rock songs at resorts and maybe if I'm lucky enough meet a lovely lady and Mary. Right now I've been trying to find the exporters to ship my truck and camper and tally up the cost of moving there. Thank you for reading my rant by the way I do write a lot because to tell you the truth I have nobody here to talk to and I'm completely on my own here that's why I say sometimes that it would be nice if someone would come here to rent monthly and at least get to say hello

Attachments

• 1534526174990-1308510687.jpg
    1534526174990-1308510687.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
let me put this way,

if you are required to get a fishing license then get one. very bad advice saying you don't need one.

why would you not get one?

game wardens are not Nazi's. they have a job to do and thank heavens they are doing it.

in California your chances of being checked are next to zero. I have been hunting and fishing in CA for over 50 years and have only been asked once. but if I am going to be hunting or fishing I am going to get a license, why? because it's the right thing to do.

I have also fished in Baja, Oregon, Nevada, Idaho, Alaska, Wyoming and hunted and fished in Arizona. I have never been asked for a license in any of those places but I still had one. why? because it was the right thing to do. highdesertranger

I agree--hunting and fishing license fees are an important source of funding for wildlife conservation efforts.

lenny flank said:
I agree--hunting and fishing license fees are an important source of funding for wildlife conservation efforts.

Yes well the question was brought up for Baja not USA. There is a big difference in areas of Mexico, Baja and if your in a tourist like area with charter boats that's one thing but I'm in a "locals" like Campground where none of that fear and law abiding things exists.  People fish all along these coast campgrounds daily and there's none of that license issue here or around the many other coast campgrounds. Now that I made my decision to move to the Big Island as soon as I sell my camper I will be getting into fishing and spear fishing and then I know I will be required to get one and that's simply to keep the SS fishing license  cops off me. Anyone want to buy a camper? $2000.00, it's what I paid and what I'm asking. By selling this the buyer will help me cut almost 1/2 the time for me to get there.

Attachments

• 20180817_125538.jpg
    20180817_125538.jpg
    923.7 KB · Views: 12
I am pretty sure other countries have wildlife conservation programs too..........

Here https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/09...t-steps-to-deal-with-rv-dwellers-and-parking/ is an article in the San Jose Mercury News about East Palo Alto allowing RV camping.
"Faced with complaining residents and health concerns, city officials late last year evicted several dozen RVs from a residential neighborhood. But city leaders made a pact with social workers and motor home residents — move the vehicles to a safer place, and the city would consider revamping its parking restrictions on RVs. Less than a year later, East Palo Alto will become one of the first cities in the region to establish a safe parking site for RVs. It marks a significant step toward addressing the increasingly visible population of workers priced out of Bay Area apartments and living in vehicles along city streets."

This "High rents force some in Silicon Valley to live in vehicles" video is interesting.