Converting a 1995 Dodge Ram Cargo Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chasepm93

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Name's Chase Manley, and I've been around the sun 20 times. This is my first post. I'm writing to you from the inside of my van! <br><br>Quick background story: Went to NAU (Northern Arizona University) for a year (11-12 school year) for Environmental Studies. At the end of the year I decided Flagstaff wasn't the place for me so I moved to Fort Collins, Colorado at the end of the summer to live with my brother and sister (27 and 23 respectively). <br><br>Found out in the fall that I didn't have residency status and decided I would work for a year before continuing school. During this last school year off, I've had a lot of time to think and I've decided against going into business (I had plans for awhile to open my own bike shop, but I've decided I don't want that much responsibility nor do I want to tie myself to one location). <br><br>I am becoming increasingly interested in philosophy but I don't know if I can justify going to college just for a philosophy degree. So, my decided plan of action is to move out of my mother's home (she owns and is currently selling the house I've been living in, although she lives back in my home town - Western Springs, IL, - roughly 20 minutes west of downtown Chicago.) by moving into my newly purchased 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 cargo van.<br><br>In doing so, I hope to save up enough money over the next several years to purchase a plot of land to setup a sustainable permaculture homestead with my older brother, who is also considering a van.<br><br>I just bought mine a week ago and I'm currently working on tightening up the insulation in the inside. <br><br>It's in great condition, drives beautifully &amp; quietly, all mechanical locks and windows, minimal cosmetic scuffs and dings, and only 84k miles.<br><br>I'll post pictures as I go and I'm also going to try to upload some videos to youtube if I can figure out my video editor. Very excited to be part of this forum and (dare I call it) movement!

<EM><SPAN style="COLOR: #888888">Welcome from Australia, Chase. Thats a nice looking van you got for a conversion. good luck there's plenty of ideas to be had here.</SPAN></EM><BR><EM><SPAN style="COLOR: #888888">Geoff</SPAN></EM>