Conversion Van Build

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just wanted to show what I've done so far with my build.
It's a 1995 Chevy G20.
Hope to meet a bunch more from here at my 2nd RTR! 
[video=youtube]

Cool, minimalism, that's what I like too. Too many people spend oodles of time and money building everything from scratch, and end up filling up every little nook and cranny, before they hit the road. :). My van non-conversion is very similar, except most of my storage is under the bed, which is also crosswise in the back.

Yeah, I've truly enjoyed going minimalistic, so much more time to enjoy life. Do you have any pics of your van? Harry

Abject minimalism. I do intend to put a better board under the mattress and fix the blanket attachments once it cools off here. 100W solar-electrics in the cabinet to the left. Cooking goes outside, so no odors inside. Standard GMC van. 14-weeks so far, part-timing.

LOL, that's pretty much the start .... and the end too. Poop in a bucket. Wash in wash basins. Got AC-inverter to run the 120VAC Led bulb and laptop. The 8" foam mattress is more comfortable than my one at home. I have (8) 15"x12" storage boxes under the bed which is actually more than I use. A tour of my van would take 30-seconds max. :)

I've looked at a bazillion videos of what other people have done, and figure I must be doing something wrong, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what it is. !!!

Vintagecycleguy said:
I just wanted to show what I've done so far with my build. It's a 1995 Chevy G20.

Very nice, Harry, 
Are you a tall person? (reason for huge bed) :s 
Seeing such great plans makes me wish I was back to planning Greybeard. :(  Max

max+sophia said:
Very nice, Harry, 
Are you a tall person? (reason for huge bed) :s 
Seeing such great plans makes me wish I was back to planning Greybeard. :(  Max

Hey Max, no I'm only 5'11, but I like a big bed to have plenty of room for tossing and turning

Latest posts