Concession Trailer as starting trailer.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peacetara

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm still researching and gathering plans for a way to stand up in my home, and I came up with a possible solution: a Concessions Trailer.

They are (as far as I can tell) basically just standard regular Cargo Trailers, except they have giant windows built right in! Example:

$_12.JPG

Obviously one without the counters and everything would probably be preferable. And this one has a huge smokestack, which you probably wouldn't want (The example picture is a 1999 6'x14' and on eBay for US $2,150.00). I'm wondering if anyone has done anything like this, and what their experiences might have been?

It would be fabulous for camping, especially in the summer, you open those windows up, and talk about fabulous views and amazing ventilation! You could screen the "windows", so you wouldn't have the giant bugs/flies/etc problem(s).

I'm curious of people's thoughts, specifically from those that have done something like this before, but everyone of course is welcome!

We screened in the area inside the back doors of our cargo trailer. Weather permiting the doors are open and we enjoy the outdoors without the bugs and with plenty of fresh air:) Jan

I think it's a great idea! I'm surprised that the one in your post is so cheap. I've seen them for much more $$$.

Stealth wise, I don't think people would assume there is someone sleeping in there, either.

Cyndi, yes there are many in the 10's of thousands, but I think those come with all sorts of kitchen equipment, something I'd have no use for!

@janncoo, what do you mean? I'm a bit confused. You have doors on the back of the trailer, and when opened you can screen that area in, or do you have a ramp?

I used a 15' Wells Cargo trailer as an art studio (stained glass) for 9 years before it was totaled in an accident. The lift side windows (it had 2) were wonderful for air flow and yes, you could screen them.

The problem I found when I was in any kind of campground was that with the windows open, everyone, and I mean everyone, in the campground had to come see what I was doing. I stood out like a sore thumb and the open lift window gave me absolutely no privacy whatsoever. A lot of the time I deliberately left them closed so I could get work done, it defeated the whole ventilation thing but a fan was used instead.

I had the lift windows designed in so that I could use it as a sales trailer and it was great for that purpose, but for living/working in, not so much.

If I was going to live in a trailer, I'd be more inclined to put smaller windows in that won't leave you so exposed to the outside world.

why not, it would work fine. when I had my mining claim north of Barstow, ca. a neighbor had one we called it "the hot dog stand". he was into long range shooting and had shooting benches set up at the windows. worked great for him. highdesertranger