coming out in Dec from the midwest

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicman

Reaction score
I decided to head out in dec, Ill be living in a slide in truck camper. Just going to live free and say good by to the house. It really was not  Hrd decision when your only income is Social Security. Within time I intend to move to a van but it will be one I design myself. I come from an engineering background and will be designing my own van when its time. Im hoping to get in contact with Lee (for those who have seen his van design).

In the meantime , I'll be parked in the desert away from everyone for my guitar playing (where the user name comes from) . I'll have my power tools if anyone needs anything. See at least some of you in Jan if your going to Quartzsite.

Cheers,

Bill
musicman

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome aboard!
There's a lot of us on a limited income. You'll be in good company. If you're talking about Lee in the Nissan NV, his build is amazing, and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress-both your build and psyche in this new life of yours.
Ted

What's up Music man. Welcome to the forum and I hope to hear you share some tunes on a nice starry night with a toasty warm fire. Best of luck.

I think many of us on SS are really going to benefit from this way of life. I head out around the same time, if not a bit earlier.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome!

I was camped outside of Zion NP one time picking away on my muted banjo (inside) until someone far away yelled "Stop the bad banjo music!"

So I guess I should be parked even farther away than you!

Wow, guess I better plan on at least a mile away from anyone then. Bet they wouldn't complain if there was free bbq. Cheers

Guess that saying dance like no one is looking doesn't apply to banjo playing. And sound carries a long way with thousand foot high cliffs.

Where you starting from in the midwest? I started in Iowa long ago.

everett ruess said:
Guess that saying dance like no one is looking doesn't apply to banjo playing. And sound carries a long way with thousand foot high cliffs.

Where you starting from in the midwest? I started in Iowa long ago.
That's where I'll be starting as well,lol..i live in Fort Madison that I'll be leaving. Have several stops to do on the way to az.

Left Waterloo almost 30 years ago. I like being from Iowa a lot better than being in Iowa. In Colorado now.

Good move, head west!

jimindenver said:
Welcome to the forum Bill.

i saw max the wonder puppy on a bob w youtube vid i think you were there too. i am coming to quartsite[sp] in dec or jan will look for max at rtr. i have lots to do till then, solar wifi . anyway good to see someone from bobs video on this forum  maybe i should not just reply to any oll thing on here  dont really know how forums work

campurrr said:
i saw max the wonder puppy on a bob w youtube vid i think you were there too. i am coming to quartsite[sp] in dec or jan will look for max at rtr. i have lots to do till then, solar wifi . anyway good to see someone from bobs video on this forum  maybe i should not just reply to any oll thing on here  dont really know how forums work

i have no idea who i replied to musicman or jimindenver. sorry

campurrr said:
Fair warning : you will need to make an appointment with Max. 
He's very popular,  you know . I heard a rumor that I might get to take care of doing his scheduling. ... im very excited. 

Musicman, I want to hear some of your music..if you're bad,  then we can jam!
Cause I really suck!

Pat

Welcome aboard Musicman !
As a musician , you are automatically a life member in the "You Ain't Right Club" thread.
Congratulations......I guess?

Tell us a story of your own "Ain't Rightness" and I'll award a "Stinkin' Badge" .....
Who wouldn't want one of those ?

One year I left Kansas City on Dec.8th and it was sleety and scary until I hit OKC. Since you're from Iowa, I'm sure you're familiar with winter driving. Welcome and be safe in your travels.

I left Maine one year during a blizzard 12+" , headed for So Cal.
Just to make it interesting , I went to Colebrook NH. (look it up) and then drove down the length of VT (with plows only appearing after I went by an exit).
It was snowing till we got to TX !
When I arrived in CA. I had to go up the grapevine where they were requiring chains for a predicted 1" of snow ! ONE INCH ! Skuh kuh kuh kyuh kuh kuh kuh kuh was all I had to say to the CHP officer.

When he told me no go unless I had chains I directed his attention to 1st my license plate and then 2nd to the new set of big lug M+S tires. 3rd I told him about my recent escape
from the Great White North ...........he let me go as I was.

pnolans said:
Fair warning : you will need to make an appointment with Max. 
He's very popular,  you know . I heard a rumor that I might get to take care of doing his scheduling. ... im very excited. 

Musicman, I want to hear some of your music..if you're bad,  then we can jam!
Cause I really suck!

Pat

You can count on it, see you at RTR in Jan.

Bill